Cylinders not getting gas

Will910

I am new and just finished building my Banshee, everything works, has spark, compression, etc. I just filled the tank and turned the gas on, then the carbs just start pouring out all the gas, almost emptying the tank, petcock in off position prevents this, however when gas is on all gas pours out of the vent holes towards the bottom of each carb, I pulled the plugs and they were dry, engine is not getting gas, anyone know what the problem can be, in need of help!!!

First thing first, just tap the bowls with a screw driver handle.

If that doesn't help you need to pull carbs and set float height.

Look up how to do that. Will be in Clymers if you own one. If you don't, buy one.

If that's not it, you need to check the seat and needle. A q tip with some compound, toothpaste, or some cleaner will clean the seat.

But you really need to inspect the rubber tip on the needle. Usually the get grooved and don't seal.

You'll need to order a carb rebuild kit and replace them.

Ok thanks, I will try each sequence, hopefully its nothing too serious, something that can be sorted out in no time.

It shouldn't be to difficult.

It's all fairly simple and straight forward.

Only one is setting float height. If you don't have the right tool then you need to get one.

Thanks for everything, sometimes things require the simplest of solutions, the bolt at the bottom of the boll was loose and not all the way in, causing all gas to go out the drain on each carb, now both are tightened, hopefully that is it and I can get ripping in no time. ☺