Stock trans on 421?

Ok ok hold on all of you duners and drag people. I understand it's a bit overkill for the stock transmission a ported 421 cub BUT could it still work?

I have the wrong motor for sure but I really want to shift it with the clutch just like a standard banshee. So I really want to avoid modded transmissions.

Would with a Driveline performance dune/trail kit + straight cut drive gear + billet basket + lockup be ok for trail purpose?

My transmission is top notch (for now :rotflmao: ) and I have a modded shift star. I did not noticed any misshifts or any trouble shifting at high rpm.

The point of this thread as mentionned in the beginning, could it still work even if it wasn't meant to be used in 85hp+ bikes?

I don't drop the clutch at high rpm in dirt nor on asphalt. So imo the only way I can ruin it is clutchless shifting or repetitive drag racing.

Has anybody here with a 421 serval or 421 cub with at least 80hp ever used stock unmodded transmission to cruise and still go fast with their bike?

Thanks

Ok ok hold on all of you duners and drag people. I understand it's a bit overkill for the stock transmission a ported 421 cub BUT could it still work?

I have the wrong motor for sure but I really want to shift it with the clutch just like a standard banshee. So I really want to avoid modded transmissions.

Would with a Driveline performance dune/trail kit + straight cut drive gear + billet basket + lockup be ok for trail purpose?

My transmission is top notch (for now :rotflmao: ) and I have a modded shift star. I did not noticed any misshifts or any trouble shifting at high rpm.

The point of this thread as mentionned in the beginning, could it still work even if it wasn't meant to be used in 85hp+ bikes?

I don't drop the clutch at high rpm in dirt nor on asphalt. So imo the only way I can ruin it is clutchless shifting or repetitive drag racing.

Has anybody here with a 421 serval or 421 cub with at least 80hp ever used stock unmodded transmission to cruise and still go fast with their bike?

Thanks

People do it all the time.

The point is easier shifting and quicker shifting.

Bikes miss shift at wfo shift for a few reasons. Cutting a trans helps with a few of the reasons for missed shift.

But in all honesty, if all you trans/shift components are in good shape and adjusted properly, you should be good to go. It just could be a little easier.

• Like 1

People do it all the time.

The point is easier shifting and quicker shifting.

Bikes miss shift at wfo shift for a few reasons. Cutting a trans helps with a few of the reasons for missed shift.

But in all honesty, if all you trans/shift components are in good shape and adjusted properly, you should be good to go. It just could be a little easier.

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks man.  :)

Cheap out now, regret it later.... Are you that pressed for $225-300 bucks? If it's apart, try and hold out and do a pro mod not an over ride. If it's still together, just run it till the next time it needs to come apart.

What does a pro mod transmission consist of? I thought pro mod and over ride couldn't let you compress...