Is this something to worry about?

I never checked squish when it had the 17cc setup and ported cylinders. I should have for a reference. I also didn't look at how the head seated on the cylinders. Didn't even cross my mind. The old cylinders I believed to be oem with port work. My current cylinders are aftermarket but stock ports and bore.

I did not test fit the cylinders to head prior to installation. Just slid new cylinders over existing studs in case. Torqued. Then installed head studs. Then installed head with rubber mallet. Was snug going on. Then torqued.

I measured squish through spark plug hole with .062 solder and it was a little difficult to measure the solder since it didn't get compressed completely flat. Was thinkin bout using .112 solder but thought it may be too thick. left cylinder I was getting .055 and right cylinder I would get .058 again this was through spark plug hole so not 100% accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the kit I bought and have on my bike right now. I'm gunna disassemble tonight and try seeing if I can get the head to fit better. Maybe that will change my compression. When I first got these cylinders I sent one back cause it had lots of left over casting flash in ports and I didn't want to port them at the time cause I just wanted small stock ports and trying to get the bike assembled and rideable without going all out and spending more money on port work.

The funny thing is I saw the same kit from same supplier for more money so it makes me wonder why the kit I bought was cheaper. Really was unhappy with overall quality. Gasket set was opened and repackaged. Also I could tell base gasket in the kit was previously installed but not torqued down.

Edited by braptor52

Well just got off the phone with AZ racing in Ontario California and the gentleman I spoke with didn't hesitate when I told him that I had fitment issues with the studs and misalignment with the head. Said I can send them back. Definitely remember removing the head from the old oem cylinders with ease and I know this time it's going to be difficult to remove due to the fact that I had to tap the head on over the studs during install. This leads me to think there is a definite issue with the cylinders and they're stud holes.

Edited by braptor52