What Are Tors

239banshee

I don't know... maybe you could do a search and once you find out come back and tell us all what they are and what they do. I'm sure there are only about half a million threads about TORS on the internet.

welcome to the BHQ 239banshee. TORS stands for throttle overide system, the TORS parts are found on the tops of each carb, on the left side of the quad, under the gastank there's a small electical box mounted on the frame and there is wiring at your thumb throttle. Its a safety device that shuts down the engine if the carb slides get stuck wide open. Guys remove the system for a few reasons...... they add clutter and make access to the carbs a little harder. The most common reason the TORS gets removed is because an aftermarket twist throttle gets installed. When you put a twist throttle on your Banshee, your tors wont work cause of the wiring that was in your thumb throttle, and the throttle cable will also be different. With the thumb throttle cable, the cable goes into the TORS boxes ontop of the carbs, when you convert to a twist throttle, the throttle cable attaches directly to the carb slides. So to use a twist throttle cable you remove the TORS ontop of the carbs and they get replaced with conventional style carb caps.

f*ck that searchin for answers, I had the same TORS question once and the guys here on BHQ answered it for me. I hope I helped answer your question.