Power gain

kennethbrantley5

As long rod is my favorite trail motor I've recently done few and love them power wise very similar , on my but dyno they rev better, I couple that with lite piston combo . I've never had a stock bowl run dry , as lond as your float heights are on shouldn't have an issue, also make sure your gas cap is venting properly I tend to gut all caps

sheerider11 do you think if I put a top end job and a aggressive port job with 19cc domes on my stock crank that would be all the power I need for what I do?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If it's your first bike then yeah.

But I'm a big advocate for doing it once right the first time.

I say buy once cry once.

So I'd say you need your crank inspected and welded for sure, trans done, clutch done, reeds inspected, bike gone over for anything else that may be over looked. There's a lot of seasonal parts on these bikes that people tend to just never replace.

Also know that 19cc dome will require race fuel. So make sure your willing to commit to that. Unless your way up in the mountains. But you still need to get the ratio and other things.

That's where an experienced builder comes into play.

Yes it is my first bike but my thinking is like yours buy once cry once. I put my coolhead, vf4reeds, T5's, and K&n pods on at once.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Where are you located? Maybe your close to someone that can guide you I the right direction. It's hard to judge parts you can't see

I'm pretty sure I could set you up on a stock crank and the bike would scare you . Yes for what u do an appropriate port job domes for intended fuel and a good bore/hone/Pistons will leave you ahead of your competition

This. Not gonna throw out any names but I've beat a handful of sponsor built and backyard built bikes.