Clutch Won't Engage

sootman73

So after my trip to Hatfield Mccoy this spring I've started having clutch problems. This clutch has about 3 seasons of riding on it and have never had a problem until now.

Problem is the two symptoms below.

Clutch will not engage---You pull the clutch lever, shift into 1st, let the clutch out and the bike just sits there

Slips when you're really getting on the throttle

I have a feeling that the clutch slipping is related to the first symptom because as it ride it hard it will all of a sudden engage without slip if i let the clutch lever snap loose. (pull clutch and let it snap free from my hand).

I did make sure that the actuator arm is releasing all the way with the clutch cable (in case cable was holding it) but it seems to move freely with the clutch lever.

What do i look at next?

Edited by sootman73

Okay thanks. I'll pull it apart and look at things. three seasons on a clutch in heavy trail riding with a strong motor can't complain i guess.

Also the fluid doesn't look the best either, whats te best way to flush it all out to get good clean fluid in there?

Do they make a re-usable clutch cover gasket btw?