First banshee port, pointers or compliments or anything

Hudson1021

Before my tools were stolen, I had a CCS right angle and a grizzly straight piece with CCS bearings (whatever those were) and a grizzly motor.  Worked well enough for me.

I'm back to just the grizzly setup for now since I only really only work on 4T heads and mild 2T cleanups.

if you look at the banshee oem jugs that have boyesens installed some guys angle them downward. some guys just drill a hole straight through. some probly make it more of a rectangle hole and some more of a circle. im thinking there wouldnt be much difference in any of the methods. i think there would be more of a difference between a pencil dick hole and one much larger

The angles of the boyesens has always intrigued me since I never got much of a chance to build a test mule.  I think (keyword: think) there's a correlation between the downward angle of the boyesens and how they feed the transfers at different RPM ranges.  Flatter angle seems to be better for high-rpm, more vertical seems to work for more low end power.

have you looked through ebay. theres a ton of used foredom stuff for cheap. $65-$120 for motor, shaft and foot pedal. brandnew straight handpiece is only $40 to your door. that setup there is worlds better than any dremel you may be using. ive just never heard of any knowledgable tuner grinding casting boogers out of exh ports with a dremel in his free time. dont quote me but ccspecialty might have used handpieces for sale sometimes

What I'm using is effectively a CCS setup minus the right angle piece and a different label.  All the parts are interchangeable.  I really only need a right angle CCS piece and I'll be back where I was. 

The market for cleanups is larger down my way than anything.  Most guys want a B-series, SR20, 1/2JZ, SBC, or mustang head cleaned up and port matched on the cheap.  I occasionally get a turbo to port (which is my profile pic) and some intercooler tubing to smooth out, header to clean up, etc.   I almost never get to grind on a 2-stroke.  Even when I do, it's usually a 125 or smaller dirt bike or a cylinder that the owner may (yeah, right) have bored or replated.  The latest trend has been getting more airflow out of some high-end eCigs.  Basically, about the only thing I don't port these days is a Banshee. 

I had a handfull come through about a year ago and a few spares, but I never had a test mule to really dig deep like I did with the 250Rs.