Led light bars?

donkeypuncher

Lookin to upgrade my Wally World lights lol. Been readin up on the dc conversion and I wanna run an led light bar. Just wonderin where you guys picked yours up from? I'll be runnin a rectifier and small battery as well. Feel free to throw up pics!

Don't quote me on this, but all you should need is a DC rectifier, no battery (depending on type of LED bar used). I run a 6" RIGID on my snomo with only a rectifier and have zero flicker.

Yeah that's my plan. Figured while I'm at it I may as well throw a little battery in there. just not sure what brand people are buyin and what length looks/fits best.

The difference is beam pattern, color, and quality. I have vision x light cannons on my banshee and the chinese knock off of them on my work beater truck that were $75 shipped for the pair. The chinese ones definitely work, but the color is not nearly as white, the beam is way less focused (closer to flood than spot like they're supposed to be), and the plastic housing is already turning gray from uv/ozone exposure. Am I happy with them for $75? Very much so. Would I put them on something I rip through the woods at 50+mph with my life depending on what I can see ahead? Maybe not so much. 

The big difference and the main reason i spent the money for good light bars and cubes is the output.  Yes the chinese bars work great. but Lumen per watt you get what you pay for.  My fofiddy up there is putting out 12600 lumens using 126 watts.   You wont get nearly that much output from chinese lights.  if i had them on a truck or sxs with a big battery and good charging system id just go chinese and run more of them.

I think imma stay with cheap ish. Like I said I won't use them much, just need somethin there for the couple times I'll ride at night. Basically anything I have will be better then what I have. Appreciate the info and pics though homies.

• Like 1