Banshee impeller

What causes it to pressurizes the coolant system?

So if the orings became bad somehow over the years that can cause it to overheat?

I'll have to get a leak down test than. Can I just spray starter fluid around it to see if it revs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ron Burgandy

What causes it to pressurizes the coolant system?

So if the orings became bad somehow over the years that can cause it to overheat?

I'll have to get a leak down test than. Can I just spray starter fluid around it to see if it revs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starter fluid - not recommended. You need a proper leakdown test. Not super hard to build.

You can build a cheap leakdown tester. Here is a pic of mine. If you're serious about 2 strokes a leakdown tester is a must.

e764f46093bebebab6b8b32283235a11.jpg

8ff5321d2bd4b4d29b7f6afbdca1fbea.jpg

Easy and cheap to make.

Pull the engine and remove the flywheel. Plug all the entry and exit ways for the engine. White parts go into the intake boots, rubbers and plates cover the exhaust ports. Pump air into the schrader valve (6psi Max) and spray soapy water around the sealing surfaces. If you have leaks, you will have bubbles.

That's the short version

Edited by rzresurrection

wtf . hook a cooling system tester up if you want to find a leak. pressuring up the engine side likely wont do any good as your only typically using 6psi or less. besides that, if your dumb youll have the piston above the ports so no air pressure will get to the head anyways hahah

Edited by registered user