Cant Reach Shifter...

Hey, me yet again.

I ordered a new shift lever from EastCoastATV, it should be here wednesday or thursday. Before my shifter started slipping real bad, I couldnt reach it. It was down way to far I couldnt get the toe of my boot up under it. I moved the shifter up a few clicks and it worked great :D but then it started slipping real bad and now it wont grab at all. Hence iam ordering another one.

What I want to know is when I get the new one can I move the shifter up a little bit without risking rounding off the teeth? Iam not sure because of the little half moon shaped thing, I dunno if it will bite good enough if I got it moved up.

its a stupid question I know. Just thought i would check with you all first :rolleyes:

Ahh ok thats good news. Iam pretty sure its just the shifter, because some of the threads simply arent there. Its smooth in some parts. But if it does turn out to be the shift shaft I might 'white-trash' it as well untill I feel like putting a new shift shaft in ;)

If I did that and had it welded into place, it shouldnt be a big deal to take it out if/when I put a new shaft on. Just cut the shifter off, hillbilly style B)

Got my shifter from EastCoast ATV today. Its coated with some gold stuff to keep it from rusting, which enhances the bling factor even though its a stock part ;)

If you need stock parts dont be afraid to call East Coast. They found the part right away and shipped it the same day. :)

P.S.-The shift shaft is fine and everything works now. :D:D