should I replace rear shock with the fronts?

I've been looking for front shocks for my bike. I really don't want to spend a testicle but want a good ride. I've seen the works steeler at, the elka stage 1 and gt suspension around 500.for the front. On ebay they have the elka stage 3 with all 3 shocks for 999. Am I going to notice.the rear beating me.after I get the fronts. I would hate to get just the fronts and then need the rear and have to spend more than the deal package. Anybody with suggestions. I ride about 3-4 times a month and in rocky rutted terrain to xl and trails. Thanks

IMO, there's no way to spend too much on suspension (given that you don't overpay for what you get).  For what they do, you can't beat all 3 Elkas for $999.  I'd add the rebound adjustment for around $200 more.  They work night and day better than my Works ever did.

I'd go with Evols though.  After riding on everything but King shocks, they seem to work the best and you have more adjustability with them than any other shock. 

Don't skimp with suspension.  Keep saving and get a top-of-the-line set.  You won't regret it.

• Like 1

I mean I'm not a hardcore rider or racer by any means. Am I going to notice a money's worth difference from stock if I get the kit with the elka rear? I mean if you have to be racing to notice how it performs it's not needed by me. But if it makes the whole bike handle like a beast than I'm down.

I mean I'm not a hardcore rider or racer by any means. Am I going to notice a money's worth difference from stock if I get the kit with the elka rear? I mean if you have to be racing to notice how it performs it's not needed by me. But if it makes the whole bike handle like a beast than I'm down.

Get something. It'll be night and day.

I'm a weekend warrior rider myself. I still have all 3 shocks done.

I'm intermediate. I'm 6'3" 330 lbs though. Hard decision. Hell the stage 1 elkas are 599, so then 200 you got 800 in it and have stage 1 with no adjustments. 200 more I can get a set up piggyback set up for the front. It just blows they are so much. I have to hook my girl up for coming back home. It sounds lile.stage 3 is the only way to go. A nice set of rezzi fronts will cost 750. Just for sake, has anybody heard of the gt suspension from maultech? They look nice but no adjustment unless again in the 750 range.

• Like 1

If you can't notice the difference between the rear shock that you currently have and an aftermarket shock, I want the rear shock you currently have.  I could notice the difference just riding around the yard in first gear. 

I say to spend as much as you can possibly swing because you'll never know how much faster you could have been if you buy only what you deem as sufficient at this point.  I can't ride to what my Elka 3s are capable of, but I could potentially be faster on some Evols or Stage 5s.  When I went from stock to Works, I got much faster but still couldn't ride to what the Works are truly capable of.  I got even faster with the Elkas and can't ride to what they can do.  It makes me wonder how well off I'd be if I'd dropped another $500...

It gets to a point where you'd be chasing what 450s do in stock form though.  Hell, I could have bought a used YFZR for what I currently have in suspension.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go with some used long travel Evols off of a YFZ page and some Fireball arms built for them.  Get an Axis rear setup for swingarm length of choice.  If you need more than that, you need a new platform.

Ok I'm still in turmoil. Don't nail me to the cross here, but can anybody share the 450 shock experience. I want to get the elkas, but it's hard to see spending that dough on a bike I have ridden 5 times the past 3 years. I'm trying to ride more but it seems like if I don't ride that much y spend a grand for shocks. I want better than stock but don't know.if I need bad ass.

Ok I'm still in turmoil. Don't nail me to the cross here, but can anybody share the 450 shock experience. I want to get the elkas, but it's hard to see spending that dough on a bike I have ridden 5 times the past 3 years. I'm trying to ride more but it seems like if I don't ride that much y spend a grand for shocks. I want better than stock but don't know.if I need bad ass.

You will regret spending more than 20 dollars for those shocks.