Needle placement

Just did a bottom and top end rebuild on my shee and put it all back to stock. Ordered a few parts from F.a.s.t and they are sending me new 185 jets. I have FMF pipes and an open air box with outwears air box cover. I'm in Central NJ which is sea level.

So my questions are what would I set my carb needle at? Right now it's in the middle. Also how many turns do I turn the adjustment screw out? I believe the guy at fast said 1 and half turns out. And what gas should I be running? 32:1..91/92/93?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

280 main, 27.5 pilot, stock needle middle clip, 1.5 turn out on air screw. That should get you pretty damn close on stock carbs. Maybe even a lil rich which is fine. Check your plugs and read them. 32:1 is fine or 40:1. Use a good premix that's available in your town or order online. Get the best pump gas that's available. 93 would be best but 91 would be fine too. Keep air filter clean and change transmission oil regularly and the motor should last a long time if you don't have any air leaks

280 main, 27.5 pilot, stock needle middle clip, 1.5 turn out on air screw. That should get you pretty damn close on stock carbs. Maybe even a lil rich which is fine. Check your plugs and read them. 32:1 is fine or 40:1. Use a good premix that's available in your town or order online. Get the best pump gas that's available. 93 would be best but 91 would be fine too. Keep air filter clean and change transmission oil regularly and the motor should last a long time if you don't have any air leaks

Good info thanks. I just got my 280 main jets from fast. I ordered a carb rebuild kit a while back and it came with stock pilots. Is that okay or should I just order the 27.5's? I want this perfect cuz the guy I bought this from had it all screwed up and I rode it for an hour and fried a piston. Thanks again

Good info thanks. I just got my 280 main jets from fast. I ordered a carb rebuild kit a while back and it came with stock pilots. Is that okay or should I just order the 27.5's? I want this perfect cuz the guy I bought this from had it all screwed up and I rode it for an hour and fried a piston. Thanks again

Just took my pilots out and they were stock too. So that means that when I first bought this I had fmf pipes, bored sleeves and a cool head running 310 mains and 25 pilots... could that be the reason this thing fried a piston?

Just took my pilots out and they were stock too. So that means that when I first bought this I had fmf pipes, bored sleeves and a cool head running 310 mains and 25 pilots... could that be the reason this thing fried a piston?

Fmf pipes like a bigger pilot but that's not the reason why you burnt down the motor. You probably had a air leak. What cc domes are in the coolhead? You need to make sure your ruining the correct fuel. You need to do a leak down test on your motor also

Fmf pipes like a bigger pilot but that's not the reason why you burnt down the motor. You probably had a air leak. What cc domes are in the coolhead? You need to make sure your ruining the correct fuel. You need to do a leak down test on your motor also

I ripped the whole motor apart and put everything back to stock. New jugs. New pistons. Stock head with stock domes. New crank. New seals. New bearings. And have a fresh set of fmf pipes coming in the mail. I have all the parts to build a leak down tester so I plan on doing that after its back together. I ordered the 27.5 pilot jets too.

I ripped the whole motor apart and put everything back to stock. New jugs. New pistons. Stock head with stock domes. New crank. New seals. New bearings. And have a fresh set of fmf pipes coming in the mail. I have all the parts to build a leak down tester so I plan on doing that after its back together. I ordered the 27.5 pilot jets too.

Ok your well on your way then. As long as your jugs are not ported then the 280/27.5 pilot should be fine. Your running a air box correct? Which filter? The leak down test is so important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok your well on your way then. As long as your jugs are not ported then the 280/27.5 pilot should be fine. Your running a air box correct? Which filter? The leak down test is so important.

Leak down test will Def get done. I have stock air box with no lid and UNI air filter. Im ordering the outerwears airbox cover just so no garbage can get in. The air box also those holes in the sides with the screens put in for more air flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If leak down test passes your motor should last awhile. Make sure you check and read your new plugs after riding it for a bit. Also if you have a boost bottle ditch it for the stock cross over tube.

Okay sounds good. And I got rid of the boost bottle and just installed my new cross over tube tonight. The motor is pretty fresh right now so hope the leak test goes well. Thanks for your help appreciate it

Edited by bluebanshee7