Spark Plug Cap

I been searching this, I need a straight answer

I am going to get new plug caps, I run the standard BR8ES, which I know is a resistor plug, does this mean that I need a resistor cap or not?

I have came up with several part numbers, but most I find are resistor caps, I am confused as to why I would need resistor plugs and resistor caps.

If anybody had a NGK number that they have ran I sure would appreciate it

Just use the resistor caps under 5ohm. This has been debated many times. I run ngk ones from the auto parts store, kawasaki ones for vtwin mowers, honda lawnmower ones, jetski ones. They all work just fine. I am picky about em and replace them every year or so. Im not saying NON resistor ones wont work just fine. The resistor ones help prevent cdi damage and interference.

• Like 1

Just use the resistor caps under 5ohm. This has been debated many times. I run ngk ones from the auto parts store, kawasaki ones for vtwin mowers, honda lawnmower ones, jetski ones. They all work just fine. I am picky about em and replace them every year or so. Im not saying NON resistor ones wont work just fine. The resistor ones help prevent cdi damage and interference.

Did not know this i learned something as well

Thanks for the info. So what I was getting at was would I be ok to run resistor caps AND resistor (BR8ES) plugs or should I run the resistor cap and non-resistor (B8ES) plugs? Or would I be ok running resistors in both? I guess this is my main question

I know this has been debated over and over, I been searching and have read all kinds of different shit.

As stated radar said the resistor caps under 5ohm are just really protecting the cdi box (pretty much the bike brain) if one of the plug coils were to foul out and start missing or plug itself id assume would prevent it from burning up is what i got out of the info so i guess its a good idea but not necessary.....

Yeah sprinkler is actually correct. 5k ohm (5000) not 5 ohm. Shoulda said 5k ......LB05F is what I get if they have that number. I also use a resistor plug but have used B8ES or B9ES tons of times as well.

Yeah sprinkler is actually correct. 5k ohm (5000) not 5 ohm. Shoulda said 5k ......LB05F is what I get if they have that number. I also use a resistor plug but have used B8ES or B9ES tons of times as well.

^^^^Same setup I ran. Readily available at any parts store that stocks NGK.

Thanks guys. This is exactly the answer I was looking for. Just wasn't sure if i should run resistor cap with "R" type plugs