kick start not always engaging

This is my first banshee and I've been doing a bunch of work to it. One problem is the kick start doesn't always engage. I took off the clutch case and found that theres a "C" notch that holds a piece from the Kickstart shaft into place but half the "C" notch is broken off and allows that piece to just rotate freely.

Tried to explain best I could. anyone have this problem and is there a solution to it?

I can still kick start it but it's a pain, I'll get a couple kicks every 10 misses.

yeah if that notch that's missing is the problem then is there a possible fix?

Replace the case with a good used one. Without that "C" notch it will keep slipping when you kick it or not catch at all. You might be able to rig something up with jb weld to duplicate what was originally there but it's going to have to be the same as it originally was in shape. There may be another solution for this but that I'm not sure of. Maybe someone else can chime in for a fix besides getting different cases
  • Like 1

He's not referring to your side cover, but your lower case in general. I wonder if a guy could tac weld the part of the kick starter itself that sets in the holding fixture. Cases are 200$ average, or more.