My First Banshee

Okay we know I need a new crank.. The cylinders show some surface rust.. And I'm already at .01.. Maybe they clean up.. Maybe they won't.. I kinda wanna run the cool head..

Suggestions? I want quick for sure.. But more importantly reliable..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be worried about bottom end first. Your crank is done. Send that junk crank to sleeper06 to donate to the cause, he actually builds motors, and could do anything you want, and answer your questions precisely. Just a thought.

Sent from your mammy house

Okay guys if it was you...

You know the Pistons and crank is junk..

What do you do?

In my eyes I wanna keep the +.01 pistons (unless they don't clean up.. Go .02 maybe) and go with a 4 mm crank and then cool heads.. And then on top of all that a port....?

What about you?

No one?

These last few days I have been reading all sorts of shit to make my head spin..

Cheetah serval cub big bore 4 7 9 14 mm mil port and polish without the polish intake exhaust carbs blah blah blah..

Driving me crazy keeping up with what you can and can't do..

Also tried cleaning up the surface rust in my cylinders and noticed rub marks going in the vertical direction that I can feel with my finger nail.. Not knowing the exact tolerance I'm gonna guess I need a bore job.. Pretty sure .01 would clean it up.. That would put me at 64.50mm..

Can I port my stock cylinders? Get a true and weld stock crank?

I just want something reliable and a little more peppy than a stock banshee.. Without spending a fortune.. I have read stock bikes with ports getting 60-70hp..?

Am I even close to the right track?

If you want to stay with stock stroke, send your crank and cylinders to a builder, let THEM tell you if it needs bored or not, let them get your pistons and match them excalty to your cylinders. Also get crank checked out, if all is good definatly have it welded. Or talk it over with them if you want to go 4mil. Get your cylinders ported to your riding style. You can get .30 milled off your stock head to put you at about 150psi and can still run pump gas. Or you can get a head with replaceable domes. This will make it a fun ride for a while

Okay 4 mil crank.. Trued and welded.. That's what's going in..

Now I wanna put the motor together just to say I did it and I know the motor inside and out.. I'll have the cylinders bored and porter for new Pistons.. And have my head milled..

The domes in the head were pitted pretty bad.. Do I need a new one or can a shop clean em up?