Storeing Banshee For Winter?..

im going to store my banshee for the winter theres usually alot of snow here and its to damn cold to ride until the spring when it gets warmer, is there anything important to do when storing it for a period of time like this. should i drain the gas or anything like that? it will be garaged not in a heated one tho. any tips would help alot

I dont worry about that in FL but if I had to put it up....

First, of coarse, start real clean

Use Some gas stabilizer like Pri-G or Stabil (make sure its in the carbs)

Plug your pipes

Grease fittings

a small shot of 2cycle oil in the spark plug holes and 1 slow kick

WD-40 all over everything except brake pads and rotors

Might as well check bearings, breaks,sprockets, controls, tires, etc etc.. so you can order it now and have it when its time to ride.

Anyone think of anything else?

You should do it the same as winterizing a boat.

Make sure your coolant will withstand the cold temp by making sure there is enough antifreeze.

Fog the engine. You an also do like said above and put some 2 stroke oil in the topend and kickit over once or twice to spread the oil.

DO NOT PLUG THE EXHAUST or you will have a condensation problem.

Grease all the fitting to force any water out that may have made it in.

Fill the take full and use stabilizer in the fuel. By filling it to the top you prevent condensation and water in your fuel. Then run it to get the stabilizied fuel into the carb circuit. Turn the fuel off and pull the bolt from the bottom of the carbs and let the fuel drain from the carb bowls.

Make sure there is no water in the stator cover. It's know to get water in it. Frozen water just makes things break.

Tip the shee up on the rear wheel and let the water drain out of the frame. You'll be surprised how much water gets in those frames if you ride in it or wash it often.

If you want, you can also put it on jack stands supported by the frame. This lessons the stress on the shocks but isn't a must.

You could also do some standard maintenance while your at it. I also like to put di-electric grease on all the connectors including the sparkplug.

I don't winterize my shee because I like to play in the snow. Hope this helps. I may be forgetting something, but I can't think of anything else that's a must.