Toomey 2 Into 1 Installation

Hi,

I have a 2013 Yamaha Banshee.

I am halfway through removing the airbox, I've removed the bolts and most of the screw (some are awkwardly placed, still working on em) - then I hear I just push it forward and out.

What about the Toomey 2 into 1 filter? Do I just stick it into the carb intake holes? Do I need to affix it somehow? It came with no instructions and there were none I could find in Google.

Thanks in advance :)

11077905_10152720723722337_339664916_n.j

Also, and more importantly - I bought FMF fatty gold series pipes and powercore 2 silencers - 1987-2006, and they don't seem to fit. I read online that they should fit, but the mounting points seem to be in entirely the wrong place and it doesn't really fit in there.

Is this so? Did I get the wrong pipes?

Yeah I got her all stock. This upgrade I'm putting in a Toomey 2 into 1 air filter, adjustable timing plate, powercore 2 silencers, FMF fatty gold series pipes, aftermarket handlebars (I rolled it and bend the stock ones), jets, and iridium sparkplugs.

New to this (and mechanics in general) so it's a learning experience. Enjoying it though.

Yeah the pipes seem to fit very awkwardly, but they will fit with a bit of effort, correct? They're not incompatible or anything? Sweet, good to know :)

Nothing is perfect in this unperfect world. It may take an extra washer or two, here or there, to get them to fit good.

J-arms have different F brakes and no heel guards. 89 only hard weird rear wheels/hubs, change in stator plug at some point, brake light added along the line.

2013 is the best looking IMHO, still so jelly.

Thanks man haha, you'd be even more jelly of the location I'm riding in. I'll have a look around for some pics.

@ Dixie normus: you mean the little bracket that connects to the chassis and the stock pipe? Yeah I've got those. They were in the way which was why I thought the FMF pipes might not fit. I loosened the nut and rotated the pipe hanger around and it seems to be in an acceptable position. The coolant pipe from the radiator still blocks the pipe, but I'm sure I'll figure it out :)

Thanks lads

Don't forget, you MUST rejet with the new pipes and filter.

At some point, you'll want to ditch the TORS and parking brake bs.

I've meant t ask about that - going in tomorrow to get the jets. What size would you recommend? Thinking three of each mains and pilots. The guy I got the pipes off recommended 260.

11084572_10152722707727337_1789724895_n.

Think he was refering to your screen name. :rotflmao:  

What temps and elevation are you riding? Pipes and intake only modifications?

Where you live BTW?  Holy shit, is that a pic out your front door??

Western Australia. Nah haha that's a shack in the middle of nowhere we have permission to use. Miles and miles of trails and beaches.

0 to 100m. Warmish climate, like 15-40c I guess would be the range throughout the year.