First Banshee Project : The timming plate.

Glorfindel

now make a set of 4 cyl cases with center drive off the crank and using a hayabusa or harley transmission!!  sounds like a easy project !!

keep it up!     

here is an idear for a project...?

independent straight intakes using mikuni rubber flanges and a set of carb bowls tilted with large capacity and seperate high flow  externally adjustable needle and seat from holley carbs.  and the carbs are straight shot to reeds. larger mm carbs.    look at 4 choke fcr carbs..

Usually, a fixed cmm like this one is more precise than an 'arm 'type cmm.

I'm talking about 1/100 000th of an inch here.

yeah the Faros probably have their place, mostly for digitizing non-critical components but i think the last one we tried had an accuracy of a couple thou which just does not cut it for most precision work.  CMMs are really great tools.  of course they are only as accurate as their quality controls.....mainly EXTREMELY well monitored temperature.  When you get down in the microns, it is pretty easy to skew results with just the heat of your hand.  

I am not sure if you generated a point cloud a reconstructed in CAT.  We usually do it a bit differently and use the CMM to define certain dimensions and those are hand input.  Different way of doing it I suppose...

yeah the Faros probably have their place, mostly for digitizing non-critical components but i think the last one we tried had an accuracy of a couple thou which just does not cut it for most precision work.  CMMs are really great tools.  of course they are only as accurate as their quality controls.....mainly EXTREMELY well monitored temperature.  When you get down in the microns, it is pretty easy to skew results with just the heat of your hand.  

I am not sure if you generated a point cloud a reconstructed in CAT.  We usually do it a bit differently and use the CMM to define certain dimensions and those are hand input.  Different way of doing it I suppose...

Fixed cmm like the one we use are not usualy used to do cloud of points. We use it to measure fixwd feature like circle, or their position, lines etc.

It's not like i want to copy a parts with complex surface, if so, i will use a lazer type 3d reverse prototyping scanner.

But they are not at the same level, precision wize