DYNA ignition help

BansheeKSA

Hell it could be , symptoms arnt common for a cdi issue, I wouldlike to see a video with the spark tester on it to verify . If he's not using a spark tester it's hard to definitively say its weak spark.. Hell I could be wrong , won't be the last time. I'm fortunate enouph to have good testing equipment

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously think it's the carbs or some other electrical component. The Dynas have their quirks, but running on one CYL is not one I've ever seen any CDI do.

Im still a noobie on this stuff, Im still very very confused to why both are not running evenly. Left exhaust is releasing much lower than the right exhaust when i put my hand infront of it. I need to take a video from start-up and idle so u can show you all what the problem is. Hard for me to explain the problem in detail as i said im still new to this all. Let me post a video on here for you all to see. Oh and i swapped my plug wires around to the opposite spark plugs and its still doing the same thing (weak left side).

I'll tell u what I'll trade u , and that box does a whole lot more with a laptop and a curve maker. Can you plug another cdi in from another bike, like I said I doubt your cdi is dropping one cylinder, banshee have a total loss spark system both fire at same time , did u ever try swapping your carbs I see u have 28 pwks, too mee it's sounds like a clogged circuit pm me I'll give you my number I've seen a few other issues with 28s we can go through

I dont have anyone local to me who can let me try his stock CDI on mine. But there are banshee shops i have in my local area i can take too to have them look at it, but i wanna try and solve and learn the problem myself first before spending a fortune on getting it fixed. Sure I'll PM you my number bro and we can discuss as we figure out the prob. 

That's what I was thinking Larry unless he used a spark tester inline. I guess we will find out when he gets his new cdi

I went to the banshee store to find out how much it is for a new CDI, and damn they were charging me $450!! Thats ridiculous. Another store was asking for $160 not sure if thats 2nd hand or new but Im no way near ready to spend $450 on a stock CDI box. Im sure you guys can help me find a much cheaper one. But first let me send you all a video on here of it running.

How did you determine it has weak spark after couple minutes running? Have you checked pick-up gap at both nubs?

Basically after a couple mins the left side would become very weak as in when i place my hand in-front of the left exhaust its not releasing air as strong as the right side does. But now when i start up the left side stays weak. Hit the throttle to mid range and it comes alive and goes back down weak after i let go of the throttle. Yes I checked the pick-up gaps at both of the nubs, both are perfect. 

Ok everyone here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrEdSVOCTTc 

Turn up your volumes! 

As while kicking it I was also applying some throttle to bring to a point where it comes on and i had to keep applying throttle to keep it alive. As you can see only right side is smoking, left side is very weak and no smoke. I let go of the throttle and the system shuts down. 

Edited by BansheeKSA

I've realised that there isnt any fuel getting to the left carb. Found that out when i was swapping carbs over, no fuel in left carb. Think there could be a blockage somewhere, before that was smoke when I was applying some throttle, but today and yesterday there was no smoke to the left side, just a tiny bit of air going at the same rate as the right exhaust.

Also swapped over spark plugs, still no change.

Edited by BansheeKSA