Need Help With Carbs

joshp66

alright i have a 98 shee and i recently put in brand new float needles for my carbs, and now when i run the shee smoke and oil shoots out the pipes the whole time i ride constantly, i have stock pipes with stock jets and i run 927 castor at 40-1 also it kind of bogs in 1st gear but after that it halls ass, please help me out i know it is not supposed to be smoking and shooing out oil like this thanks

Sounds rich, are you sure the air filter is clean? I mean, really clean (and oiled properly)?

Also, what's your elevation (or location)? Did you just change the premix ratio or have you always ran 40:1? Did it just start doing this? You sure the floats are set to the right height?

If the air filter is clean, I'd try backing out the airscrews a half turn and see if it helps cure the off-idle bog (if so you can keep going out until it revs off idle cleanly). You can also try going one size smaller on the mains, but with colder weather setting in you don't want to jet it too lean. Got some stuff in the Jetting FAQ that might help, good luck.