Lean at wot

91coupemike

Banshee has ran great and gives me no issues until the other day, went wot and it lost power and popped a few times out of the exhaust. It runs fine into the band a part throttle but once you go wot it feels like it's running out of gas.

This happened after I filled it up, the fuel level was about 1/2 inch from being "topped off", put a little too much. Could it be vapor locking the fuel cap vent? It's an alba racing cap with thier short vent. Would that cause this issue?

Just took the carbs apart and pulled reeds, all looks good. Going to clean them up real nice and try it out. Plugs looked fine.

Any suggestions?

I'm kind of stuck on the fuel tank being over filled, does that happen?

Waiting on new reed gaskets to get it back together and do a leak down test although my thinking has me to believe If it were an air leak issue the extra fuel from wot should have made it run better instead of great part throttle and lousy wot. I've ran my banshee out of gas once a few months ago and it felt identical to this.

I'm running br9 plugs as well, should I go to a br8? Not related to this issue but j/w.

353cc, stock stroke, .020 over piston, stock reeds, pwk 28, pods, t5s, coolhead 19cc, matoon timing plate @ +4. 138 main and 45pilot. Starts great unless it's below 60* outside, otherwise 1 kick with the chokes pulled will get her going.

Bike runs good imo, ran a few cars/bikes that run high 8sec 1/8miles and beat them in a race launching in 2nd to keep the nose down but they come around me in the top end of 6th, stock sprockets and 18in tires.

• 2 weeks later...