Dirty Flywheel

zinger!

Go to an computer store and get some cleaner for the motherboards and that type of stuff. After you clean it, it wouldn't hurt to put some silver compound on the everything to keep everything conducting like it should.

It is a silver based liquid that you apply to freshly cleaned surfaces to keep from oxidizing metal surfaces and losing conductivity aka it keeps electronics working right. You can pick some up at radio shack or any equivalent electronics store.

thanx again guys have used all of your advice and things are lookin nice and tidy,just one more thing (honestly ha ha).when i took flywheel off today to get things cleaned up i noticed that the contacts on the stator had some corrosion on them i gave them a bit of a rub with steel wool but didnt know if i would damage anything,should i clean all the rust off or do they need replaced?.still dont know how it got so bad in there the gasket seems fine and the shees not even a year old......thanx again!!!!!!!!!!!!!