How Much Timing

awblackmamba

Just in the process of a top end rebuild. The noss head is on its way with 18cc domes. And also have a matoon timing pate coming, I live at about 750 feet and want to know how much timing to run. I am running 110 blue thunder and have the following mods

t5 pipes

2in1 air filter

320 mains

30 pilots

stock porting  

Having the cylinders bored to .60 over

And what pistons do you recommend

vitos super stock forged or wiesco

Anyone from mi know a good machine shop in grand rapids

Any help is greatly appreciated

18s @ 750ft,  whats that kicking compression ? like 180ish ?  i probably wouldnt run much timing advance if any at all. if its an un welded crank, its going to move around a bit with that comp anyway.

superstock vitos would be ok, if youre not going to port it, but porting it and getting some wisecos would be a good option.

another option would be to true and weld that crank so it doesnt go out of phase.

I had noss ship me a set of 19cc domes instead just to be safer. I just need the crank to hold up one winter wont be riding it much but goin 4mm cub or serval thinking more cub in the spring.

I'm thinking ill start at +4 and see what +6 does afterwards. just got the Mattoon timing plate deff a nice piece looks to nice for my bansh.

Also I have to go .060 over the idiot who owned the bike either put the piston in there or got lucky that it didn't damage the head or the case.

Just look in my gallery and check the piston out pretty serious to only leave one drag mark in the cylinder sad thing is there is still cross hatching on most of the bore.

I bought the vitos ss forged just cause im gonna leave the stock cyl unported

thanks for all the usefull information