Anyone Up For Another Bhq Get Together?

banshee370

wallrat:

Great advise! It never hurts to plan ahead and always expect the worst. You guys may laugh but this is why I plan all of these trips a year in advance.

Justintoxicated;

try this LINK for directions to dumont from SanDiego. I have a friend that will be going from that area and he has made the trip many times. He said its not that bad of a trip.

Boonman: Dont give up just yet.... I'm sure if all you guys get together you can work something out. With 5 guys pooling together, it should be cheaper for all of ya.

Where there is a will........ there IS a way....

Make it happen guys!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From San Diego just jump on the 15 north towards Vegas.  When you hit baker, take the 2nd exit and turn left, go straight through the 4 way stop and continue on for 25 miles.  Turn right on the dirt road with the sign that says Dumont Dunes.

Does it say what exit you take? I'm coming from Utah, but I'll take the same exit and turn right.

Best dunes ever? Sounds great But I hear that its not worth the trip when glamis is so close,,, still I'd like to hit some new hills and meet some HQ members, Thanks for the link and info Wallrat and banshee370. I feel lucky being so close (kinda), I can't imagine spending Over a couple hundread $ on transportation for one trip, you guys are dedicated!

That map is from right near my house! I thought it was 8 hours but according to that map its only a little farther than glamis.

Does it say what exit you take? I'm coming from Utah, but I'll take the same exit and turn right.

Stan coming south down the 15 freeway there is only one main exit for baker and it is the 127 you want, you cant miss it...baker will be south of the hallaran pass....i think you will also see signs for fort irwin a big military base it will be north west of the 15......i think it also says renoville......theres a real old mexican restaraunt on the corner...P.S. dont eat there if your concerned with takin a dump at dumont, baker is famous for there cheeseburgers a much safer way to go.........theres also a Arco gas station on that corner...... i have never looked for race fuel in baker..march is a while out maybe ill investagate a bit and see if its availible in baker......the next town south is barstow you can get it there....

I read this thread for the first time today. It took me about 2 hours at work, my boss would be proud :D:o:unsure: or would that be pissed? Anyway this sounds like an awesome trip. I checked out the drive for us and it would be 2000 miles and about 30 hours one way. I'd love to go, but I just can't afford to spend four days driving. :( I've been wanting to get out west and ride the dunes ever since I got my Banshee, but this won't be my year.

come on mrmatt, how many swing arms have you hacked up for the hq'ers and wondered who the hell these guys really are ? get a few friends togather, load up the truck and hall ass out. its gonna be fun. not something you wanna miss. at least try to go man. later