Who Here Can Make Me A Grab Bar?

erbilabuc

Damn are they going to come out and install it for you i would look for a used one so you have a mock up for a shop try an offroad shop that does roll bar fab and pre runner stuff. They should be able to point ya in the right direction. I would buy a good used one or a new one and have it legthened that should not cst that much, Heck you could even do it youre self cut the tubes going back and sleave them with a larger tube and drill it and bolt it together..

I'd love to have one that would hold a six pack cooler and two one gallon gas cans.

I wouldn't recommend doing that. Meat snapped the back part of his frame off from having just one gallon of fuel on the rack. That is alot of weight to be hanging off the rear of the frame.... And the material isn't what costs, it is the setup time involved. PRM is thinking with their pricks on sideways. To add another 2" to the 1/4" thick piece of flat stock would be of minimal cost. And I am sure that their jig would accomodate it....

Well, I decided to have my fab shop make me one so I took some measurements last night. I was going to have it built so it would mount in a few places on the frame but I'm not sure now. To fit the cooler with a can on each side of it would put the gas right over the pipes and I'm not too excited about that. I could just see hitting six gear and the BOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Here's my dilema. I'd like to have the PRM cargo rack but the dang thing sticks 3 feet off the back of the quad (well almost). I was thinking of trying to fabricate one that would basically be a normal grab bar but then have the rack bolt on above the grab bar so that it sits partially over the rear seat/fenders. The "grab bar" portion would handle all the stresses from standing the quad up or flipping it while the rack would just be built to hold the forces trying to throw the cooler/gas cans. Does this make any sense to anyone? Also I'm thinking I'd like to attach the cargo rack using pins so that it could be easily removed for when I don't need to carry extra junk.