Swing Arm Help

h8honda

i have a 2002 shee and im wanting to put a longer swing are on it. Is there any body that can give me some input on what i should get im thinking 4in. Ihave been looking on ebay and found some but not sure bout them my shee is my baby but also on a tight budget. any info is great, and thanks

because im setting it up for drag and im wanting info from people who have already done this sort of thing. i think im going to add to a stock one but am also up for input. i have a history of raceing so i dont have probs with keeping the front end down and to help im 5'10" @175lb so not a prob....Just wanting to have some fun plus you haft to admit it makes the shee look fu*king badass.

Call me pshyco....but after running my -2 arm in the sand,...if I were to build me a dragger,...I may go with a -2 & a wheelie bar! :o:huh::blink::unsure:<_< I pulled the holeshot on every ride I pulled up next to(except the shee's with bottles)...I hooked up great & as long as my nuts were up by the tank the front end would stay down just fine. ;) Maybe I am nuts... :wacko:

Call me pshyco....but after running my -2 arm in the sand,...if I were to build me a dragger,...I may go with a -2 & a wheelie bar! :o  :huh:  :blink:  :unsure:  <_<  I pulled the holeshot on every ride I pulled up next to(except the shee's with bottles)...I hooked up great & as long as my nuts were up by the tank the front end would stay down just fine. ;)  Maybe I am nuts... :wacko:

Thats the best way to do it. BUT if you don't want to run a wheelie bar you either have to extend the front end to get the unsprung weight up to keep you upright, or extend the swingarm. When you extend the swingarm, you change the CG of your banshee, pushing the CG forward, which reduces the amount of weight on the back tires, unless you can loft the front end some, which is harder since you just moved the CG forward. If you extend your swingarm for dune/drag I would go +4 since if you go +6 it can cause some headaches with the chain. You have to run the chain loose enough so that when you jump, it can tighten without breaking or ruining your sprockets or bearings, but it has to be tight enough that it doesn't fall off when you aren't jumping.

My recommendation is +4 for Dune/Drag, and +6 and above for Drag Only. If you run a wheelie bar, -2.