New here and we have a banshee down. BLUE TEAM GO !

mykal03

Hello all I'm new here and to the banshee life. well quad life. Never really worked on anything besides cleaning carbs on my 90 gsxr  life.   Heard a lot of good things about the site " real friendly to noobs ? " lol  

so anywho I wanted a quad youtube told me I must have a banshee : ) 

so I got one this guy said good bike had a lot of extras " 4 sets of wheels with rims, few plastic sets bunch of aftermarket parts "  sweet deal got it. first day I went to fire it and nothing. No spark

I was told the stator was bad everytime he put a new one in it and fry out whatever still ran. I didn't realize how important that might be.

I read and read for two days remember not knowing a thing besides it needs air spark and fuel to run. long story short it was a burnt wire by the pipe coming from the cdi box.

Fixed and running like hell. 4 hours first day 2 hours the next day then the bog. 0-1/4 throttle ish little bit more top speed great when you got it there.

a few days later tried to fire it ran-ish stay on the throttle kicked it in gear and die. so after reading I figured clean the carbs. cleaned and nothing no start. found it has no spark.

Changed plugs and nothing.

Now you know the story my question is if you run it with a bad stator or maybe no stator will it fry out the coil?    and how do you  check the coil if the stator don't work?   Remember I'm new like before a few weeks ago I knew where the gas went. lol Thank you.

was going to post pics but file to big ?

Did you Replace the stator with an oem or ?

Check basic things like wiring, coil, ignition switch, on off switch. These parts sometimes are corroded internally and can cause intermittent problems.

Also while tinkering with it did you re connect any plugs or anything un plugged ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP2000  

No never changed the stator after I got it to be honest after it fired I forgot it didn't work.

I checked over the wires well, after my first mishap.

no unplugging of any wire plugs or anything like that.

I'd like to check everything out but not sure if it can be done without a stator.

or better yet how to do it without a stator. ; )  

Bansheekx

Thank you  I'll check that out now. wanna try figure it out so I can get parts ordered if need be. I know stator is needed from what I read oem is the best way to go ? 

It sounded better in my mind. lol

Don't believe I have TORS on there. The top unscrewed and a round cylinder type ting groves with a needle in the center ? wires came up to a spliter Y type to throttle. LoL told you a was new. : )

Bansheekx I have seen that page before read a lot that's whats gotten me this far. lol when I test the coil ?

should I have it plugged into the plugs ?

I tested the orange and black wire came up with like low .5 or .6 so could I be getting that reading because of the bad stator ?

Or does it not matter and I have a bad coil ?

Or I'm testing it wrong?    : )

Thank you guys for your help. Need a roof or spare bedroom I can help. lol