Right Cylinder not firing.

I went through and checked resistance values for the stator, pickup and coil. 

The stator  Read 17.5 ohms. Well within the 13.7 - 20.5 ohm limit.

The pickup was good at 117.3 ohms, range is 94 - 140 Ohm.

The coil is whats  not making sense.  I measured the primary, I would get a reading that would vary from 0.10 - 0.50 ohms.  It never would stabilize, even after I cleaned and shined up the connectors.

I measured the seconday wire to wire. I read on an old electrical thread, thats how to do  it. I am getting 16800 Ohms.   From what I got out of the thread, the values should be between 4700 - 7100 ohms.

From what all I tested, I'm thinking this coil is shot???   Other than an OEM and Nology, What's a good replacement Coil, wires, boots? 

• Like 1

From what all I tested, I'm thinking this coil is shot??? Other than an OEM and Nology, What's a good replacement Coil, wires, boots?

Good job. What's wrong with the OEM coil? Mine's been going strong for 17yrs ☺

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I ordered another coil and a new wiring harness from Kompulsive Concepts. The harness that's on the bike is so chopped up it isn't funny.

Nothing is wrong with an OEM, I was just curious if there I'd another brand out there that people have good luck with.

I ordered another coil and a new wiring harness from Kompulsive Concepts. The harness that's on the bike is so chopped up it isn't funny.

Glad to hear you got it solved. If you don't mind me asking, what's a new harness going for? I'm in the middle of a rebuild myself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

$85 for my style, and what all i need. He texted me this morning that it is about done! Cory was really helpful when I got ahold of him about getting a new one built. We went over what all plugs I need, what I'm using etc etc.

I'll be happy when everything is cleaned up and not spliced with twisted wires, tape and anything else the po could use.

I got my Wiring  harness and Coil from Kompulsive Concepts yesterday.  I must say, that Cory does great work, everything is clean, neat and fell right into place. Thanks again!

I took it out side last night, Right cylinder still not firing.  I put it away for the night and figured I'd tear into it this morning.

I figured I'd pull the exhaust pipe to take a look in at the piston to see if anything was going on.  I found that I left my soft plug in the pipe from my last leak down test.

I'm going to finish kicking myself in the ass for a bit, then put this thing back together and work on getting it jetted.

• 1 year later...