Right Cylinder not firing.

I've been working on my banshee for about 2 months now. I have completely rebuilt the motor, and Now I cannot get the right cylinder to fire.

2000 Banshee, wiseco pistons, FMF Fatty pipes,I am running a 2 to 1 intake with a 34PJ carb, eek needle, 52 pilot, 192 main.   I've stripped the wires back, and put the caps back on.  Tried new plugs, and no fire at all.  I also did another leakdown test this moring. It held 8 psi for 10 minutes..

I am going to check the pickup gap later tonight and reset it if needed.   Is it possible that the stator could be going out?  Bad CDI? I'm  really drawing a blank on where to go next.

Any Help is appreciated!

Fred

Not sure from what you wrote of this problem is electrical or not. Did you try swapping Spark plug wires from on side to the other? If the problem follows the wire, at least you'll be certain it's electrical.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by muggzy

You swapped the spark plug wires and it still doesn't fire on the right.

How do you know it's not firing on the right? Are you getting spark on both plugs? Is the spark plug on the right wet or dry after you've seen it *run* on the left?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by muggzy

The plug on the right is wet, and I put my hand back by that siliencer and its not pushing anything. The pipe is cold also.

I wanted to check for spark, I can't find my inline tester, and there wasn't anyone around to help me check.

What has me confused is I put the left wire on it, and it still didn't fire.

Should I be looking at my reeds? Do another compression test?

This thing is starting to frustrate me bad. I usually can get things figured out, but this has me confused.

If you got the thing running on one cylinder, you can hold the right plug on a frame bolt to confirm you've got spark.  You mentioned earlier that you "stripped" and rebooted the wires.  They should have about a 1/2 in. cut off flush and then screwed back into the boots.

That said, if you switched wires and it still ran on only the left cylinder, I'd start looking at the reeds and compression on the right.  The single carb eliminates part of your troubleshooting at least. 

Edited by muggzy

I'd actually leave the plug on the non running cylinder and put another in the boot. Hang it out of the way while you start up and then bring the plug electrode to a bolt to see if you're getting a spark.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Edited by muggzy

Hey Fred, one more thing, when I first rebuilt my engine several years ago, I was lean on the jets and it pretty much ran on one cylinder too. You may be in a similar situation. I'm not familiar with the setup you're running so this is just something to keep in mind. If the thing is screaming or running a lot faster than you think it ought to be on (esp on 1 cylinder) shut it down and get a bigger main jet.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

I went back at it today, and so far I've found that I have a weak looking orange colored spark on the right cylinder.  What should I try electrically?  Coil, pickup?  Is there a vay to check resistance to see if they are bad? 

This is what all I did today...

I measured the pickup gap at 0.018 with a set of feelers,

I pulled the intake back off, and all the reeds are intact, seating,and still like like when I took them out of the package.

I pulled some more of my hair out.

I Kept searching after that last post, and I found the ground that attaches to the frame near the CDI box was broken right inside the harness.  I'm going to ohm out all the electrical stuff tomorrow night.  My harness is pretty chopped up, So I texted Kompulsive Customs, and am going to order a new one once I figure out what else is going on electrically.

The banshee coil sends spark to both plugs every time right? I think that's right , get some extra boots and plug wire and split the "working" side to both plugs

Odds are it's a reed/cylinder issue , or a bad plug that's grounding out , cracked insulator possibly

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can round up tomorrow and get back with what I find.