Going to a +2 Swinger - quick question

muggzy

Hey,

I'm currently running a stock length LSR swingarm with round, dual-row bearing carrier.  I'm going to get a +2 swingarm and want to know what people are using for chain guards at the pivot tube?  

It seems that unlike the stock swingarms (and my LSR), all of the aftermarket arms have constant diameter pivot tube.  I'm using a TM designworks guard and I'm concerned that it wont fit/mount properly since the dust cap is a larger diam than the pivot tube.

The stock and LSR pivot tubes have a ring next to the chain side dust cap to keep the diameter constant for the chain guard to ride/mount on. Maybe pics will help;

20140816_173326_zpsrrryeemi.jpg20140816_173450_zpsbor49cw1.jpg

Btw, anybody got a +2 swingarm they want to let go of? 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what brand that is? The only thing I'm finding on Amazon is mod quad and it doesn't have the "split"

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Moose, but that still has the step for the dust cap. Might just have to get the right size holesaw to customize one.

Yeah, I need the step. The pics are from the arm I have.  The arms I'm looking at don't have that ring to the right of the dust cap.  I really wish there there were people in my area that ride banshees so I can compare notes.  Guess that's the great thing about forums  :thanks:

I use the Cascade Innovations Chain Slider.  Works great.  http://www.cascadeinnovations.net/store/store_view.cfm?store_area_id=3&STORE_DEPT_ID=10

Nice! This'll be perfect for the front and rear chain slides. Was hoping for a front slider that could be removed without dropping the arm (just thinking down the road) but if this lasts anything like the TMD slide, it wont matter.  Btw, the TMD slide I have now doesn't have a step.  Unless I fab something up, I don't think it'll work.

Edited by muggzy

Prior to buying this chain slider about 3 months ago my last Cascade chain slider was on there for about 9 years.  It was still good.  The only reason I bought a new one was because I changed my entire rear end and I figured I install all new chain guides and slide while I was at it.

Prior to buying this chain slider about 3 months ago my last Cascade chain slider was on there for about 9 years. It was still good. The only reason I bought a new one was because I changed my entire rear end and I figured I install all new chain guides and slide while I was at it.

Good to hear. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk