ping and over heating 30 seconds after turning on

Sorry I posted so many threads but what better way to find the problem then a group effort lol. But seriously I need help because I read the thread on jetting and got it but need some extra help. I have 200 mains and 25 pilot all stock except pro circuit exhaust and the air filter has no box. Any ways It is idling fine and running fine but it has a ping and is overheating about 45 seconds after starting it up. I read that could be because It is too lean, I tried messing with the A/F screw but nothing. What could it be anyone. i'm about to go read jetting thread again but any ideas would be great.

If your running pro circuits and pods, you are way lean. What's your elevation? If below 1500 ft, try 300 mains and a 27.5 pilot and work your way down on the main

Its the stock filter just with no box. Elevation is around 750 to 800. Ok that makes since then because it had the hex 170 keihin mains in already and I was told that would be around 300 mikuni mains, but I switched them out because I didn't want to run keihin mains in mikuni carbs, but they fit and worked fine so maybe I'll put them back in since I don't have any 300 mikuni mains sitting around. I'll try that and post if it changed or not.

Edited by Coreydgonzalez

Yeah so the170 heihin substitute for the 300 didn't stop the ping and the superfast over heating so I guess I'm gunna just go down from 300 and up on the pilot and see what happens unless there is some thing else that is causing it and I find it first. But either way I need to get the jetting right.

wait... you have Keihin or Mikuni carbs?... you need to list every mod you have to the engine

25 pilots are waaaaay too lean for a Keihin and 200 mains are waaaay too lean for a Mikuni... the 2 carbs jet totally different so it is vital information

Yeah that would be the right choice but If I didn't need to that would save me money and time. And I learned spark plugs already.

Or think your ok and have a melt down... Jets are cheap. Don't buy a jet kit either you just need the right jets. If you can't spend the time to get the right things for the motor to run correctly you might as well forget it. Your gonna have problems down the road. You really don't have 10 bucks or whatever it is to get the jets? IMO you should spend time on your banshee. Cleaning the carb jetting it correctly Ect. You want the bike to run good correct? We can point you in the right direction jetting wise but you have to put time into it

Edit. Just saw you said your gonna get the right jets and work your way down. Ok good glad you realized that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bluebanshee98
  • Like 1

wait... you have Keihin or Mikuni carbs?... you need to list every mod you have to the engine

25 pilots are waaaaay too lean for a Keihin and 200 mains are waaaay too lean for a Mikuni... the 2 carbs jet totally different so it is vital information

I have Mikuni carbs but the 170 main is a heihin and the 200 is a generic main that came in the carb rebuild kit.