Bad Reck

95badbanshee

A couple of us where riding our bides along a long, wide dirt road. I was in the lead ( of course), and started to back off. I slowed down, and drifted to the edge of the road. I looked behind me, and could only see a wall of dust, and suddenly like out of a movie came one of the other guys at full blast of his banshee. He hit the brakes and started to slide toward me, and I tried to turn out of his way, but he was moving so fast he hit the right rear of my bike, bending my stock axle. I watched in horror as his bike went end over end at over 50 mph shooting him over 50 feet away. His bike was totalled, bent frame, twisted axle, smashed fenders (they where brand new), bent wheels, bent a-arms, and more the eye cant see. He walked away bruised (he had full riding gear) and we had to trailer the bikes. Of course there allways has to be a silver lining, now I needed to get a new axle, and a new durablue is the same price as a stock, aww darn.

I'd stay away from Durablue axles.... anyone that I know with one has had problems. My friend got ahold of a lonestart axle for the same price as a Durablue, and he's given that thing a beating without it showing any signs of admission. The only damaged part is scrape marks and some rust in the scrapes from where his chain popped off and scratched it.