4mil 28MM Pwk jetting question

Juss11

HJR did me a 4mil dune port. I have t5 exhaust with V-force 4 reeds & hot rods 4mill crank. This thing runs like shit in the midrange. Runs ok on top, but its not real crisp. Low end idles ok starts 1 kick. Kevin told me to run 155 mains & 55 low, needle middle clip. Cant even cruise up the beach, bogs and sputters, Tried to raise the needle 1 notch got worse, so I went the other way and it got little better.Im on the top notch cant get it any leaner. I have some 152 mains, would that help lean out the midrange? Im wondering if it could be the doms,  kevin cut for me? What can I do to get this thing too run? Im not sure what needles b/c I cant see any numbers on it. Should I try the n68a needles?

I used to run a very similar set up finding the right needle is everything for the 28pwk took me a couple tries to get it where I liked it . 165 main 52 pilot and jjh needle one clip richer then middle. what makes you think the bike is rich and not starving for fuel on the mid range needles make a word of a difference for mid range. my guess is lean.

I raised the needle and it was 10 times worse when I lowered it is when it started to run better. I also thought it was lean. I will have to do a plug chope. Going to Pismo this weekend will have to do it there, No place left around here to ride anymore..

I used to run a very similar set up finding the right needle is everything for the 28pwk took me a couple tries to get it where I liked it . 165 main 52 pilot and jjh needle one clip richer then middle. what makes you think the bike is rich and not starving for fuel on the mid range needles make a word of a difference for mid range. my guess is lean.

lean is mean...? no?