Power lid fittment issue

i tried pod filters + outwear pre filters at my local mx track and managed about 4 laps before getting problems with the carbs sucking up crap i went back to the standard airbox and modded the lid works great :) 

i did look at the K&N powerlids but heard mixed reviews  

i tried pod filters + outwear pre filters at my local mx track and managed about 4 laps before getting problems with the carbs sucking up crap i went back to the standard airbox and modded the lid works great :)

i did look at the K&N powerlids but heard mixed reviews

OH FFS!

WTF are you talking about? There is no way that 4 laps on an MX track did a damn thing to your filters/carbs/motor or anything. (Unless you're retarded and can't mount anything correctly or maybe forgot to oil your filters. )

At BEST you had an issue because you needed to jet your machine. I've ran pods and outerwear's for years. I've ridden down creeks! Been mudded out and dusted out at The Badlands in Indiana. Ridden sand dunes. I haven't had an airbox in 15+ years on ANY of my Banshees and it HASN'T BEEN AN ISSUE.

Airboxes are on my list of things to immediately remove from a Banshee. They rob power. (If you were making any, you woukd know that.)

As a matter of fact......for me, when I see an airbox on a Banshee it tells me 2 things.....

#1 - NOOB

#2 - Knows nothing about jetting

Rip that shit off. Get some pods and get with the program.

• Like 2

Well I got the lid on with a really good seal without havin to alter or cut anything so If I decide to switch I can still sell it. She runs a fuck of a lot better with the lid. Obviously with the amount of people that run pods in wet conditions etc I'm sure it would work fine for me but I've already had a close call with some deep water in my creek so I'll play it safe for now. Thanks for the advice and input, minus the smart-asses

Well I got the lid on with a really good seal without havin to alter or cut anything so If I decide to switch I can still sell it. She runs a fuck of a lot better with the lid. Obviously with the amount ofo people that run pods in wet conditions etc I'm sure it would work fine for me but I've already had a close call with some deep water in my creek so I'll play it safe for now. Thanks for the advice and input, minus the smart-asses

Your jetting is WAY OFF. Get ready for a burndown.....followed by a rebuild.

Any bike that runs better WITH the airbox lid is running CRAZY LEAN with it off. Installing a lid is NOT jetting.

Your jetting is WAY OFF. Get ready for a burndown.....followed by a rebuild.

Any bike that runs better WITH the airbox lid is running CRAZY LEAN with it off. Installing a lid is NOT jetting.

I installed a k&n power lid not a factory lid. I understand jetting and I will be checking my plugs to rejet as necessary with powerlid on.