engine build

Fast sell all the motor internals too, google "banshee bottom end assembly " and have a look at bigreds. Build step by step with photos of bottom end build ,check a clymers for bolt and nut torque specs ,helped me out a lot anyway , ohh and get your tranny modded worth the $$$

I think the question is: Do you have the tools to do it with?  For example, to rebuild a Blaster top end and replace seals costs right at $200 with shipping.  To buy the tools and rebuild it, it'll jump up to $600 ish.

I'm always for a DIY job.  However, you'd best do your research before doing anything (like calling RDZ for anything).  If you're thinking of saving money on porting by doing it yourself, send it out.  I do my own work, but I have almost a grand in tools for porting alone.  It definitely isn't a money saving effort until you get to cylinder number 4-5, and even then, you're likely going to be short on power.

The crank should come from one the site sponsors.  Porting should, too.  If it needs a bore, get the pistons first and then take the cylinders AND pistons to a shop to have them done before porting.  Tell them that the guy doing the porting will chamfer the edges and then pay him the extra bit to do so. 

If you want to save all the headache and never wonder whether you missed something, just send it off, especially if you're not sure on building a stroker.  A bad measurement on deck height, air leaks, etc. can wreak havoc.  On the other hand, if you decide to go ahead with the build, just let us know and the information will be forthcoming.

Thanks for all the replies. ..i ended up going with a rebuilt stock crank that's true and welded along with a big bore kit and 21cc domes...i do mostly trail riding and decided that I don't really need all that high rpm range....i am going to talk to Jeff again at fast and have him port my new jugs

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

A Banshee can still pull very well up top with a good woods/trail port. 

What big bore are you going with?  If you chose the 21cc domes so that you can run pump gas, the largest bore I'd go with would be 370cc.  21cc domes on a 370 is roughly equivalent to running 20s on a 350.  Some get away with pump gas, others don't.  Timing would affect this as well.  Of course, if you're going with a build for more bottom end, I would leave the timing stock or even retard it.  What pipes are you going with?

Also, the larger bore in relation to a set of domes meant for a stock bore will give you a slight shift to the right on your power curve.  It would be very, very slight though, but it'll be there. 

If you're going with Jeff, I'm sure you could bother him for a few other thoughts on the build while you're at it.  He knows what works well with his porting, I'm sure.