Jetting For Winter In Oklahoma

I didn't ride much during the winter last year as I would have liked to, and didn't have a good place to do tests or attempt trying to rejet for the winter. This year I plan on getting out and riding more this winter... but still have the issue no where to do test runs and plug chops without a decent drive.

Basically what I'm wanting to know is what sized jet, clip position, etc... would work best for the winter in oklahoma on an all stock banshee?

Preferably looking for an answer from dlnoss, passionre, or any of the other Oklahomans on the site that could give me some info.

That's the thing... i can't do a bunch of runs to do plug chops. Where I could go to do adequate plug chops and still have access to a garage and tools is 100 miles away from my shop. So I pretty much need to get it right the first or second time. Last winter I do know it took forever to start, and a long time to warm up... and then it was running real hot and emptied alot of my coolant in the snow. I think that's what caused my impellor to warp a bit and start loosing pieces, but who knows.

I'm not too far away from ya...a bit north, just south of Wichita a ways... I'm running 280's right now...I was down there a couple weekends ago & most of the guys were running 280's-320's. I'm not sure where you're at now, but you may drop down a size on your main since it's not too terribly cold out & try it w/out messing with your clips. Just MHO... :unsure:

I just did a lot of testing with mine. I am running 340 mains, stock needles second clip from the bottom. My mods are:

Fatty Pipes, Noss Head with 19cc, Open Airbox with Noss Flange/K&N/Outerwear,

VForce Reeds.

The only thing non-standard is the domes. They are a new configuration dome that seems to make the engine want more fuel. I would probably be at 320 mains with standard 19cc domes.

Hope this helps.

-David