Wire help plz

I'm being honest. For the time and headache you put in, what's that 50 bucks?

That's 50 bucks for convenience. A small price Id be willing to pay then dealing with that cobbled mess you have.

Order it, pay, plug it in, done.

Not cut this,solder that, ohm here, plug this, unplug it, jump that.

What sounds better, easier, less headache?

OK, you want help? I'll give you help. You don't need the yellow and black headlight wires to make it run. There. You do need a known good BANSHEE CDI, a tested good stator, a tested good Banshee coil, wires connected PROPERLY between them. Scotchlocks do not make a proper connection. Wires twisted together and taped do not make a proper connection. They need to be soldered and heatshrinked. Butt connectors are a step above scotchlocks, but still should only be used for car stereos and things that won't leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere. From there, you're going to have to trace out the white/red to brown trailer light connector wire through the trailer wire connector and back to the white/red CDI wire, etc. and make sure all the necessary ground wires are connected together properly. If you can do all that, then you ARE good at wiring. Go to it.

I wasn't being an asshhole. I was just pointing out that the junk wiring you have is going to cause you problems FOREVER, if you ever get it running. I AM good with wiring and and even I wouldn't try to salvage that mess.

Yeah I'll get right on selling it now after a total rebuild I had a question if I could take out the wires for the lights wasn't debating on buying a 50 dollar harness like wtf everyone gotta be a asshole today I had a simple question that's what BHQ is for is it not ???

Yeah it is just some ppl act like kids ask builder he can help you he's good with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ so you knew everything there is to know about a banshee right away ?? Never had a question , your a dick bud having fun shitting on people every time they ask a question ? This site is for banshee riders not assholes who don't want to help , an just talk shit to people

I feel Im a nice guy so here you go....It does involve reading, PM me your number in case you need it read to you so you can understand...Q#19:What is a "voltage regulator" and what does it do?

A#19:The voltage regulator is a small, square, silver box with a single (usually blue) wire coming out of it leading to the wiring harness.  It is mounted just to the right-hand side of the CDI under the rear fender, and typically one of the 12mm mounting bolts has an eyelet terminal with a black ground wire going to the wiring harness.  The voltage regulator is NOT part of the ignition system, but part of the lighting system.  It's purpose is to regulate voltage (you don't say) to the lights, preventing them from blowing because of too much voltage.  The voltage regulator on a Banshee limits voltage to 12 volts no matter what RPM the motor is at, since the higher the RPM the more voltage the stator will produce, the voltage regulator prevents the voltage at the light bulbs (and the wiring harness leading to the light bulbs) from exceeding 12 volts.  As you've no doubt witnessed, at idle or low RPM, the stator's ignition coil does not produce much voltage, as the lights are real dim.  When you wind it out they light up pretty well, but if it wasn't for the voltage regulator they would burn out quickly from the higher voltage.  BLACK IS GROUND AND RUNS TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT THINGS......YELLOW IS HIGH BEAMS.....THIS INFORMATION WAS IN A LINK IN YOUR ALMOST IDENTICAL THREAD ..

Ya know....people ARE trying to help you...your taking it the wrong way...looks to me like you have champaign dreams on a beer budget...people were twlling you to start over because you have a mess there...and I bet good money if you get it going you will have another thread in a week asking why bike mysteriously shut off...and after the choke tube connected carbs cleaned pet cock ok slides in backward is it syncronized what jets are you running questions are answered youll find one god damn wire in that sanford and son harness broke and realize that you took 2 years off your heart 6 packs of smokes and 3 cases of beer to figure out sonething people tried to HELP you with. ..why? Not because we all have thousands of dollars to just blow anytine we want....but because WE'VE been there before...thicken your skin and dont get immediately defensive...

Fuck...now I need a beer....yes WINDY its 1109 am...but it is friday at least

• Like 1

So yea I looked up the code on Google for this cdi I have an it is a banshee cdi ........PROCOM Map Switching Performance CDI for the Yamaha YFM350 Banshee (95-06) increases the rev limit by 1,000 RPM over the stock rev limit. In addition, this unit offers 10 re-mapped timing curves which give a noticeable increase in horsepower and torque over the stock CDI.

This CDI box is a direct plug in replacement CDI. Simply locate and remove the stock CDI, and plug the Procom unit directly into the wiring harness, no modification needed. Suitable for stock and modified machines.

We cover all our PROCOM Performance CDIs with a full one year warranty.