Running awesome! Just have to nail down the jetting.

Please post your future ride dates in the ride/event section.

So I know where/when NOT to be. LOL

John has been trying to give you good info from the start bud. With the money you have spent you could of a had a good cub right now along with a much better trip with less wasted time trying to fix problems. If it takes longer then you would like to save up the money for a good quality build you need to change your perspective and realize that it will be all so worth it in the end. Yes now you realize it I hope... Ever hear the the saying " you can go broke trying to save money?" Seems in your case this is true especially if your not sure what exactly your doing. Either way start saving $ for your build or there is good motors for sale on here that have been done correctly by good builders

I'm the type of person that if I can do it myself I will. I've been an auto mechanic for over 20 years. I'm not afraid to tackling something new. I don't have piles of money laying around that I can do whatever I want to my bike with. Between my GF and I we have 5 kids, so its expensive.

I haven't wasted a ton of money on the top end. I got the last cylinders for $160 and pistons for $180. I can sell that set and my old set for something. Its the time that I have wasted that is getting tireso
Edited by turbowrenchhead

Think back to the damage from running that aluminum airbox..........

Think how bad you would have damaged your entire set-up if you had tried to run a 14:1 motor on pump gas for your big weekend.........

I know you don't count your own wrenching as a cost.......but think about the money you spend to get to a ride location, permits, fees, fuel.....

If you get 9-10 hours of riding in...it lowers your cost per hour for your ride.

If you only get 4 hours of riding in....your per hour ride costs more than double.

In the long run it's about FUN value.

I know you feel like your having fun and that's fine.

But the reality is (due to your budget) you can't afford the necessary learning curve that comes with a DIY experiment.

You would have more fun for less money with reliable results if you just ran some Vito's Super Stock pistons in some unported cylinders.

I have more input on the matter....but you haven't really ever asked any questions AHEAD of time. Most of your questions are reactionary. So most of the input you get addresses the situation you got yourself into, rather than a quality path forward.

The exhaust edge is dropped to simulate porting.

You get peak power like you have, with better bottom end. Add a 4mill crank and you have an even nicer package. Then LATER when you have the money, you can get ported cylinders with normal pistons and custom cut domes and make even more power. But that way the budget stays manageable and you don't do stuff multiple times.

I'm going to try to do it right this time. Acquire a set of virgin cylinders. Have either cam or jay port them. (haven't decided on porter). Drop a +4 crank long rod in a stock set of good cases. Have it dynoed by Jay. I'm sick of working on it. I've spent more hours on the bike then I care to remember.

I'm going to try to do it right this time. Acquire a set of virgin cylinders. Have either cam or jay port them. (haven't decided on porter). Drop a +4 crank long rod in a stock set of good cases. Have it dynoed by Jay. I'm sick of working on it. I've spent more hours on the bike then I care to remember.

It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

They broke my watch!  :(