Help With Paddles!

BitchenBanshee

My sig has the mods that are currently done to the shee. I'm trying to find the best paddles for 200 ft drags. I weigh 200lbs so I should have plenty of weight on the rear tires. I know I need haulers, just wondering what size to go with..

I was thinking of 22x11x10's on an 8 inch wide rim with 8 paddles.. Usually the sand that we drag in is quite loose and rarely do I drag in hard packed sand..

Any suggestions!

i'm with MRMOONEY here, go for the 22x11x8 ultra lites from Skat-Trak with 10 paddles ecspecially since you said the sand is loose. I've seen guys with the similar mods running 10 paddles with no problem turning them and that was on hard packed sand, so you could definently turn them on the loose stuff....here are my ultra lite look like, a definent must if you are only sand drag racing...

aae.jpg

How are the Ultra lights for general duning???

No good! They are a drag only deal. The reason why they work excellent for drag racing is because skat trak buffs them so there is minimal material left, I've heard that even new triple buffs dont hold air in em because of that, but if you wanna go riding around you can get a flat and once you get a flat on some triple buffs you have to buy another one. patches wont work on it.

The ultra lites do leak, so you will need rec. tires too. I would run a 21x12x8 on a 9 inch wide rim. with 10 paddles. Very tall and balloon tire. The wider than standard rim help widen them out and hook up better. I run a standard hauler because I play ride too. You can tear ultra lites and they leak like a siv if you play ride on em. The biggest thing to do if you go with a standard hauler is to get your rims cnced and magged out to make up for the weight. We compared my 21x12x8 10 paddle hauler on a 8x9 .125 rim with them magged out, to a 21x12x8 10 paddle ultra lite on a 8x8 rim. The ultra lite only weighed .75 pds less. Be prepared to drop that gearing with a big tire though.

YOU CAN DUNE RIDE WITH THEM, I HAVE HAD MINE FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS AND DUNE RIDE ALL THE TIME, THEY HAVE A TIRE CALLED A MEDUIM BUFF ALSO, WHICH LAST LONGER AND IF THEY DO START LEAKING YOU CAN FIX THEM BY PUTTING TUBES IN THEM, ITS WAY WORTH IT THEY HOOK SO MUCH BETTER THE A REGULAR HAULER ITS AMAZING

I think JJA does it for about $140 a set. Jeff Graves of Gravesmotosports has mine done for me, it cost about $15 a wheel. You cant buy them from the manufacturers that way. They are selling designer wheels now, but they still weigh quite a bit. JJA is the company who builds drag axles for mp racing.