Exhaust temperature question

I don't know of this is the right place to post but how long does it take for the main chrome pipe to get hot? I have pc pipes on my banshee and as soon as I turn it on my pipes get pretty hot and I'm wondering if it's over heating or it's normal. Do the pipes get hot pretty fast? The bike runs good but I was just wondering about the exhaust

Ouch! Well it sounds like its normal then thanks!

Never said that.

How long? If it's to hot to touch within 30 seconds I'd look into that. When I start my bike and let it warm up, that how I check both cyl are firing and it's warmed up. I can usually touch my pipe if it's just idling.

Never said that.

How long? If it's to hot to touch within 30 seconds I'd look into that. When I start my bike and let it warm up, that how I check both cyl are firing and it's warmed up. I can usually touch my pipe if it's just idling.

Within 30 seconds its still cold, if I leave it idleing for a few minutes then yes it gets warm to the touch and it doesn't get real hot until I ride it for a few minutes

Never ride in shorts

I have the same burns on both my legs from my old rockets. FUCK YA.

Your pilot jetting is lean (or totally clogged)

You more than likely have mods, but still have a stock #25 pilot.

Dats bad.

The bike has pro circuit pipes with knn pods and 25 pilot jets, I went to the Yamaha dealer to get 27.5 jets and the guys there told me that I should be fine with a 25 pilot as long as the bikes idles good and the plugs look good. So I left them in, too small then huh?

ANY BRAND PIPE installation requires 27.5 pilots.

Pluss you will want to read up on airscrew adjustments.

NOTE: The dealer knows nothing.

ANY BRAND PIPE installation requires 27.5 pilots.

Pluss you will want to read up on airscrew adjustments.

NOTE: The dealer knows nothing.

I disagree with this statement! I have tuned a shit load of bikes as I know you have but there is no way you can make a statement across the board saying every pipe out there wants at least a 27.5 pilot. I have found more than one bike that ran better with a stock pilot than it did with a bigger one. It really depends on the bike.