Idling issues, blowing smoke - Video

I just bought this. It's a pain in the ass to get started. I'm decently mechanically savvy with cars but I'm new to two stroke.

I got this started by pulling choke all the way out and kick starting a few times with a little push of the gas.

Any ideas or advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm in Chandler AZ, starting to get hot.

The guy I bought it from said he had the reeds changed and after that is when they started experiencing the idling issue.

I've cleaned it a bit, but they obviously just rode and parked, it was very dirty.

I'm awaiting some parts. New exhaust brackets and silicone, finish the TORS removal, fix ignition, replace some missing bolts, New KnN air filter. There is a boost tube I noticed.

What next? Should I rebuild the carbs or just rejet? And as far as the reeds go, should I just inspect or replace and start from scratch?

I guess mostly personal preference. But would like some input. If this is normal maintenance to do when buying used and not to confident about how they took care of it, I'd rather do it to start with..

Your going to need to replace your valve seals..lol j/k

its a two stroke the smoke is from the oil you mix in the gas to lubricate the crank and piston. Seems fine all except it sounds a little lean on bottom (pilot jet). Hence the hesitation (bog) when you first hit the throttle. Jmo

I agree with this guy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm not exactly sure of all mods that have been done.

It definitely has a KnN air filter, fmf fatty exhaust, pro tec boost tube. Tors delete. And I am unsure about the jetting. I will be taking it apart soon here.

I see some jetting kits online from Dynojet with multiple main jet sizes, like 60 bucks, should I grab one of these? Or is there different brands I should be looking at our different kits?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261445980887