Front master brake cylinder rebuild

The rubber boot on my front master cylinder went bad so I order a rebuild kit on eBay from 20 bucks. Anyone know how to go about rebuilding it? It seems pretty self explanatory but I just want to make sure there's nothing special to it so I don't tear the boot rebuilding it

Best advice.  Use a tiny dab of grease when putting the new boots in to hold them in place.  Use grease on the piston so that it slides freely so as to not move the boot when you put it in place.  And if you are going to powder coat it.  Do not get sand anywhere in the inside of the cylinder or the reservoir.  YOU WILL NEVER GET IT ALL BACK OUT OF THERE!  Then it will score the piston and then you will rebuild because it leaks.  And then you have to start the whole process back over.  

Okay so if I tore my outside dust boot a bit i should be good? I just rebuilt it with the kit and it still doesn't work. I have the cylinder off the bike and when I pump it with fluid in it no fluid comes out of the hole that the brake line connects too. Like its bit pumping right, I though maybe it was because I tore The outside boot?

Edited by banshee#14