Cascade thumb throttle extender

Hello Gents,

So I bought a Cascade throttle extender and when I put it all back together and tighten the throttle cover the throttle is tight. The thread for the throttle is hitting the cover. Has anyone ever had this issue? I was thinking to grind down the inside of the cover a tad to give it some clearance. I have the washers and hardware installed correctly, it even comes with instructions. ANy thoughts or Ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Same thing happened when I installed mine on my 02.

I can't remember what I had to dremel out.

Post a pic of the underside of the cover and inside of the throttle it may spark a synapse or two.

I suffer from CRS...

If you look at it closely you'll see what's up when you lower the lid on.

If I'm not mistaken, there's the threaded part sticking up and a nut on that.

When you button up the lid, a rib in the lid touches the screw.

Dremel that part out of the lid and you're all good.

Thanks Bro. So, I grinded the bolt down like 2-3mm and I grinded the inside of the cover (to the left of my finger) about 2mm and the thing is STILL TIGHT! I dont know what is going on with It but Im going to have to call Cascade and ask if they have heard of this or if they have any ideas. Ill get a pic up of the inside of the cap now and the bolt but i grinded them down pretty fauckin far. Thoughts anyone?

Oh man, That might explain the wear marks on the washer lol. I had a feeling it might be that but I really diddnt see that hitting when I layed the cover down. Now i feel dumb lol.

But hey thanks, I will grind that down when i get home and retest. Thanks for clarifying that.