performance question.

I'm a new banshee owner and just bought a 04, it seems pretty stock except for a 380 bore and boost bottle which I hear is a joke, I have not opened the motor yet to verify the bore or crank but would love good info of some things to do to it to get more out of it, I can't let those 4 strokes take me!!!! I want to make it fast and reliable and your info on some good mods and how to correctly match it and where to get them at a good price would be appreciated, was goung to start by timing and a cool head but have never dealt with all these dome sizes, also airbox mod but no idea what I should rejet it to. Advice appreciated.

I doubt you have a 380 bore.

More likely it was bored "30 over" which is actually .030 over stock and only = 356cc

It is worth basically ZERO as far as performance. Same story for the "Boost Bottle"

But WELCOME   :clap:  You found the right site to guide you toward some real power. Start reading everything you can………….

I have not raced anyone yet, just got it monday. My buddy has a modded trx 450r and I absolutely can't let him win, I beat him pretty bad on my kx 125 spare bike and he can't come close to my kx 250 but I will never hear the end if he beats my banshee. I don't really know what is inside this motor but I do know its not stock, much stronger than my friends banshee and he has ported cylinders, milled head, rad valves, 28 mm carbs without the airbox, different cdi box, timing plate, t5 pipes and running on c 12. I still have the crap gas that was in it, reed spacers look stock, cylinder and head are oem airbox still factory and tors is all intact so I'm assuming the carbs have not been modified or that would be the first thing to do, I really don't want to break it down to see what is there just to put it back together unless its completely necessary for matching the rest, I am really just wanting to upgrade the head, timing, airbox and jetting and that should be enough, if anyone has stuff like that for sale or nerf bars, bumpers, motor dress up kits, wider control arms and cool stuff send them my way.

That's kind of what I thought at first, but no way no how is this thing stock, I have raced motorcycles since I was 4 so 32 years and I have beat pretty much every bansh. I have ever rode with and stock banshees are really kind of slow, this one is not, I'm just going to have to tear it down, I cant stand not knowing what crank it has, what bore it has, if the head is milled or cylinders ported and I really don't see being able to properly build this thing correctly without knowing that info.

Stock stroke with 67 mm piston should be a 380. What's the limits on a stock cylinder? 66?

Without sleeves the general rule of thumb is 66.5

I however have a 66.75 in my long rod bike. That makes mine a 379.

No way you can go 67 without cracking cylinders.

Take you intake out and use a mirror to read the number/letters on the side of the rods. Or use a zip tie down the spark plug hole and measure the stroke. You can pop the head off and replace it with a cool head and see if the number are readable on top of the pistons . Between those two you should have a good idea of what ya got

Or plug chop it make sure it is not lean and ride the hell out of it till she blows then build it later