421 Help please!

TKJ421

Alright guys I've got the shee back together and it's broken in. I took it out riding today and I'm pretty sure my jetting needs a touch up. I'm at 600ft elevation, I've got 160 mains 55pilots in my 35mm pwks. K&n pods, shearer sb in frames, vf4, and it's a ported cheetah running c12 at 40:1 I thinks this is all the info you guys will need to help. It's running hot, not overheating but shee starts to spit a little, it smokes a lot when revving or hitting the pb. My jetting has to be off somewhere, it doesn't really bog but something doesn't fill right until the power band. I tried launching full throttle and there was a little hesitation until high rpm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What needle and clip position do you have in it, timing set at? Do you have a temp gauge on it? My drag ported 421 cub with pretty much the same setup, (35 pwk's, k&n's, vf3's, inframe sheare's, timing at +6, mixing 114 oct @40:1) and pretty much the same elevation is jetted at 148 mains, 48 pilot, cel needle on the 5th clip position. I am still a little rich on my main's. I had it tuned on the dyno a few weeks ago and rode it pretty hard last weekend and it was running a little rich both times but I left it alone. Even after a lot of passes by me and my buddy mine never got above 165 degrees. Last year I had an air leak that I got sealed once but came back. Hope that helps.

What needle and clip position do you have in it, timing set at? Do you have a temp gauge on it? My drag ported 421 cub with pretty much the same setup, (35 pwk's, k&n's, vf3's, inframe sheare's, timing at +6, mixing 114 oct @40:1) and pretty much the same elevation is jetted at 148 mains, 48 pilot, cel needle on the 5th clip position. I am still a little rich on my main's. I had it tuned on the dyno a few weeks ago and rode it pretty hard last weekend and it was running a little rich both times but I left it alone. Even after a lot of passes by me and my buddy mine never got above 165 degrees. Last year I had an air leak that I got sealed once but came back. Hope that helps.

. Thanks man I'll mess around with the carbs today and see where it gets me

Same setup same elevation, I run 50p 165 mains runs hard, I still need to bump my main down and maybe pilot to 48

Thanks man I dropped my main to 158, and raised my needle up 1.. I couldn't believe the difference it made all around.