King of the HILL bike

bada450r

nice vid!  thats a great example of what i'm talking about also.  the guys who have to let out are the ones getting beat ( duh)  all those bikes are quick!  the stock chassis ones are rockin big time.  there is deff setup differences in them alos.  sometimes its literally inches up or down ( shocks set up) , one tooth on a sproket, one less psi or more psi that makes the bike run like that full throttle 100% up the hill.

my single is just like any other xluw single front .  yea  it dosent take big bumps all that well unless your on it hard.  but i can slow down with one hand on the bars its really stable up top.  

on the sharks i bet the motor is pulling the swingarms forward on that side and yanking the chains out of alignment. Or the motor is twisting in the frame doing the same thing.  but i doubt it..  a go pro pointed in that general area would probably confirm that its swing arm flex..  i dealt with engine/ frame miss~alignment on the dmr bullet.

Single a arms over here are only used on graded or smooth hills like dumont , even do you can do a lot of stuff to make it ride right for example a lsr single a arm or Matt shearer chassis is a single a arm , these frames owners will try to avoid going to ride in glamis or pismo , unless it's smooth or graded .

I like to take the most advantage of my drag bike as possible so I prefer the dual a arm frames , you just feel safer , the single a arm ones are light but once you start getting some real speed they feel like a death trap or so I've heard from our jockey , I really don't think the lsr chasis are by any way the best or any thing but dialed in they seem to handle the power and take the hits of a fucked up track , there really isn't any hS custom ones down here but I do know people swear by them .... And please whatever people say about a sand shark frame from lsr take half of what they say and believe it , there is 2 down here that keep on getting send back to lsr time and time again cause they throw chains all the time , for whatever reason ( something w the rear design of the bike and the swing arm pivoting I think is what I hear )

jhon safarian has a hs chassy and its badass

Some single aarm bikes work very well. My single aarm GT chassis handles whoops tons better than my old stocker and it doesnt have half as much travel up front but the back is designed differently. I have dune raced and had a bad whoop related crash..lol.. so a good setup is important to me. Cams single aarm chassis handles rough stuff well also. I doubt all the single aarm chassis guys avoid glamis due to whoops but there is some rough stuff there. I think chassis and frame is as important as motor. I routinely race big motors with my little cub and get out on them by a bike or two in 60' and have 5mph on em. Thats hard for them to gain back in a short flatland race. On the hill it would be much easier but who wouldnt want a bike length outta the hole and have a big high mph motor.

• 2 weeks later...