HerrJugsRacing

I dropped off my bike to him and asked him to do a dune port setup, shaved head, advanced timing, etc. one week later it was done, so we test it out and the thing had very weak power and pathetic low end. Couldn't even launch in first, etc. he simply drilled the jets and didn't even put the right ones in there, the head was only decked not rechambered, etc, timing was only set at +2 instead of the +4 he told me. Very very weak setup and a waste of money unfortunately. He also wasn't very helpful in determining my problem, he simply drove me in circles, told me to bring it back, but he was going to charge me, I was like nah I'll pass buddy. Ended up being my top end was shot jetting was way off. Long story short his work sucked, my new builder set me up with a stock cylinder 4 mill that runs way better beyond night and day difference. I simply need to set it up perfectly to get it to it's maximum potential. Right now though I'm happy. I believe hjr needs to do more testing and riding on his engines so that he can see what works and what doesn't, all he has is his garage and that isn't enough. All true builders have a dyno, machine shop, etc. I guess you don't need all those things, but you have to know what works and what doesn't. He simply builds stuff and sends them out hoping they're all perfectly setup. Things simply don't work that way in my opinion.

I was upset because I paid for something that ran like shit and he wasn't very helpful in determining my issue. Once I called another builder and told him my issues, he had a really good idea what was the problem and sure enough he was right. Why couldn't Kevin do that instead of saying adjust airscrews, check timing, lean out your mix to 40:1, change spark plugs, adjust your jetting. Circles circles circles. I have also heard that his dome setups and stroker setups have failed many people big time.

So you asked for a dune port. Did you get one? You asked for a adjustable timing plate did you get one? Now kevin set u up with a base line. Its your job as a rider to get the jetting right. Glamis is different then dumont. Pismo is different then Dumont ETC ETC. Any builder will set you up with baseline jetting. But you need to figure out what is good. Check you plugs. So when you wanna run my 370 long rod?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy note 3

Edited by 10milmike
  • Like 1

So you asked for a dune port. Did you get one? You asked for a adjustable timing plate did you get one? Now kevin set u up with a base line. Its your job as a rider to get the jetting right. Glamis is different then dumont. Pismo is different then Dumont ETC ETC. Any builder will set you up with baseline jetting. But you need to figure out what is good. Check you plugs. So when you wanna run my 370 long rod?

Regardless it's also Kevin's job to provide customer service. I also got the run around. Keep playing with the jetting your close. I was doing that for a year. Tons of emails and phone calls. All to lead to a dome issue that Kevin never took into account. It took another builder to tell me that.

I told Kevin my jetting, he said it seems right. Move the needle. I did that. He said he's not sure what the issue is. Then he said my jetting must still be off.

It's not all about jetting. And that's all he offers and vaguely at that. Not what I want when I spend 1000 bucks with you.

All he got was a milled head. So no dome issues there. How many thousands was it milled? 35 Thousands? NO builder is perfect. I understand that. I can throw names of Big builders who fucked up too. I know 3 motors right now that are built by 3 site sponsors and well know builers that they run like shit. One is backing out plugs like no tomorrow. We all know its detonating but he's telling the customer the domes are fine and to run bigger bowls it running out of fuel. Lol Every builder has mishaps

Edited by 10milmike
  • Like 1

You see here's more proof that he fails. What builder drills out stock jets just because he doesn't have them in his garage? Kevin! Obviously you're a hjr fan and want to defend him to the fullest, I'm simply sharing my story. Yeah your hjr motor is probably faster than mine, like I care since being the fastest is one of my least concerns, especially since I weigh over 280lbs which puts me at a big disadvantage anyways against all of you lighter dudes. I'm simply looking for something that's fun and reliable, Kevin couldn't even do that.

Regardless it's also Kevin's job to provide customer service. I also got the run around. Keep playing with the jetting your close. I was doing that for a year. Tons of emails and phone calls. All to lead to a dome issue that Kevin never took into account. It took another builder to tell me that.

I told Kevin my jetting, he said it seems right. Move the needle. I did that. He said he's not sure what the issue is. Then he said my jetting must still be off.

It's not all about jetting. And that's all he offers and vaguely at that. Not what I want when I spend 1000 bucks with you.

• Like 1

This is the same story as a few others.

I've posted this a few times already. I know it's a broken record, but what was stated is just unacceptable.

Great I pay for something. 99% of everything I have bought has some sort of customer service. Now 50% of that customer service is worthless.

But something I buy from a local business, in house shop, something ran out of your backyard that is your livelihood should have outstanding customer service. 1 bad review can destroy you.

Not what I want to do at all. But when I spend my hard earned money and just to be brushed off when it comes time for you to help dosent sit well with me.