Squish clearance

I put solder in the c shape and did both sides of both pistons numrous times and could not get the same reading as taking the head off and doing it the correct way. I was .003 to .005 bigger every single time. It is not accurate imo. If you stick it through the head and your getting a reading closeto the low end of your range you wanna be. You may be off. This was my experiance so take it for what its worth.

That's not how Shearer recommends fyi. ( last time I talked to him)

...just sayn.

Sent from a van down by the river

Humm. That funny. Because thats how we did it on my motor in his shop.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy note 3

Roll the piston up higher before inserting solder.

Correct me if I am wrong but your still gonna have to do it twice in order to check both as one piston is traveling down while the other is going up so it would still expose the ports on one cylinder possibly allowing the solder to drop in the exh port if you tried to both at once .

Correct me if I am wrong but your still gonna have to do it twice in order to check both as one piston is traveling down while the other is going up so it would still expose the ports on one cylinder possibly allowing the solder to drop in the exh port if you tried to both at once .

do one cylinder at a time....

Personally , last time I mocked one up, I used the mating surface o rings, but not the stud or top shell o rings.

Now I just have my builder mock it all up and all I have to do is assemble.

That is how i measured, I'm kind of thinking that when you torque down the head the o rings smash enough to nor really worry about. i measured with the o rings.. better safe then assuming.