MO riders

therebel

Hi, guys.  New member long time reader.  I'm in SE MO and I'm going to Cloud 9 the first weekend in April.  I was curious if anyone else would be over there.  My friends are all taking side by sides so I'll get bored riding with them and would like someone who can keep up to ride with.

I also frequent St. Joe if anyone wants to meet up there sometime.

I've been trying to find out details on Planet X in Viburnum, MO.  Anyone ride there and want to meet or tell me how to get there?

I have some St. Joe dates listed in the rides section.

I probably won't make the May ride but I should be able to come up for the fall.  I wish I'd had a chance to see planet X before it closed.  People were asking me about the last time I was at Little Sahara since I was from MO but I'd never heard about it until then.

Planet x is covered in red clay and large rock. It was great for racing we kept it groomed and smoothed out. With people getting injured and epa cracking down on the blowing tailings doe run had no choice but to cover it up. Keep your eyes open for the king of the park race dates at st Joe and come up then.

Edited by 2slo4u

There is a private 600 acre park outside of Sullivan called moonlight racing mostly wooded trailes and creek riding, no rules at all. Rode there a few times its only 30 mins from me, usually take the jeep to, trail wise its like st. joe sp but there isnt much open area or sand, its a good park to cruse around on a sidexside or jeep with a cooler of beer,they have a facebook page but no website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

up date on Clound 9 Ranch.  It was a lot of fun but the rocks there will beat your bike to pieces.  My brother in Oklahoma met me and a few others that had sideXsides.  We were the only two on Banshees and the only to on sport bikes.  We were getting some strange looks and soon find out why.  The terrain is tough but we managed to go everywhere the SXSs went except one deep creek crossing.  We impressed and scared some other riders. Since the intial ride we've all gone back but I bought a Rhino 700 and took it the last time.  I highly recommend the place if your in to woody trails, rocks, and hills.  Be forwarned though.  You need good skid plates.  I think someone told me there was close to 6000 acres there to ride.  Its kind of expensive but I think worth a once or twice a year trip. Splitting fuel, lodging, food, and riding fees with 4 other guys, we spent about $300 each for four days of riding.  However, you can do whatever you want when you get in and you can ride all night