Im new an have banshee questions

Hi im new i picked up a 1990 banshee 3 weeks ago for $650 bucks blown up in boxes i had jugs bored .30 over an got wiseco top n bottom end the left bottom rod berring let go on the old crank but the old crank looks welded n trued i see on here everyone is saying to do that but if i dont is it really going to make that big of a difference ?? My quad came with a 2 into 1 moto fast billet intake with a lectron power jet single carb and had a 2 into 1 header with a single fmf silencer i wanyed duals so i traded for stock headers an fmf silencers i have all my parts now and im readyy to bring my new to me shee back to life any pointers would be great

Im doing this from my cell so i cant , has black plastics , black itp rims , someone spray painted frame n swing arm bright orange so im pc black has adjustable timing plate should i stay at zero or advance ? I have all new gaskets an seals wiseco crank and wiseco .30 over pistons shocks are stock has j arms that are chrome but pretty sure are stock single carb wire harness has been cut into no key or handle bar hi low or kill switch some crappy toggle switches are wireed in

Think the new wiseco crank will be fine unwelded if i take care of it ? I live in ontario so i will for the most part will be trail riding an maybe some open feilds an gravel pits this is my first quad ive had all dirtbikes till now started with a 2000 rm 80 then a 2003 cr 85 then a 1996 rm 125 then a 2002 rm 125 an the last bike was a 2001 yz 250 i sold to buy my banshee motor parts i rebuilt all the bikes except the rm 80 an allways used wiseco cranks an pistons ive read alot on here people dont like wiseco but ive never had a problem with any bike

welding the crank keeps it from moving out of phase. Are you gonna be up in the rpms all the time? do you ever plan on racing your buddy's?Weld it up and then you will have one less thing to worry about when your wide open at 8000 rpms.  some of the wiesco cranks i have seen were not rebuild able due to the center sections. i was told by an atv shop around me, that the newer ones are Chinese junk. 

Its to late to weld it now i allready have the bottom end in , in a perfect world ide like to pick up another motor sometime or another blown up basket case to slowly rebuild i hade a choice between my 1990 and a 2001 when i bought my 1990 a month ago i picked the 1990 for some reason wish i grabed the a arm 01 insted of the j arm '90 but o well my '90 looks nice with all new black plastic an the black itp rims ide just like to pick up a a arm junker to rebuild down the road an do a 4 mill build

Everyone knocks the J arms, my 87 has them and I honestly don't feel the difference between mine and my buddies A arm set up, the only real difference is you have more after market options like shocks and widening kits, but as far as stock suspension, same basket of eggs IMO

With stock pipes you'll never make enough power to hurt the crank, unless you're really abusive/stupid. J or A shocks are all same. Upper arm bushings seem to wear faster, I suggest bronze bushings. Other than extended arms rarely turn up used and new are little harder to get, ain't damn thing wrong with a J frame (IMHO) .

Grip it and rip it !!

Im doing this from my cell so i cant , has black plastics , black itp rims , someone spray painted frame n swing arm bright orange so im pc black has adjustable timing plate should i stay at zero or advance ? I have all new gaskets an seals wiseco crank and wiseco .30 over pistons shocks are stock has j arms that are chrome but pretty sure are stock single carb wire harness has been cut into no key or handle bar hi low or kill switch some crappy toggle switches are wireed in

You can post pics from your cell, most of us do. Download and use tapatalk. Its free!

Everyone knocks the J arms, my 87 has them and I honestly don't feel the difference between mine and my buddies A arm set up, the only real difference is you have more after market options like shocks and widening kits, but as far as stock suspension, same basket of eggs IMO

The difference is the strength in the design. I have owned both and the J arms are not as strong as the A arm design. They will bend easier if you hit something and will not hold up to mx type applications. Trust me, I have tested them both

• Like 1